ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent applying for ILR - Will I need to supply travel history?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AnnaPBS
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Applying for ILR as Partner of settled person

Post by AnnaPBS » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:19 pm

Hi All, my current PBS dependant visa is expiring in 3 weeks and I'm eligible to apply for ILR. But I'm confused as to which route I need to chouse - SET M or SET O.
My partner was on Tier 2 and received his ILR 3 years ago. I was his dependent, first as Tier 2 dependent and then as ILR dependent. I've lived in the UK for over 5 years so understand that I'm eligible to apply. But which route do I chose - SET M or SET O?
My current visa says PBS dependent.
Does anyone know? thank you!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Applying for ILR as Partner of settled person

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:31 pm

AnnaPBS wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:19 pm

My partner was on Tier 2 and received his ILR 3 years ago. I was his dependent, first as Tier 2 dependent and then as ILR dependent. I've lived in the UK for over 5 years so understand that I'm eligible to apply. But which route do I chose - SET M or SET O?
My current visa says PBS dependent.
Does anyone know? thank you!
If you have spent 5 continuous years under pbs dependant route where your sponsor had acquired ILR through not long residence then you can apply ILR on SET O. Otherwise if you had switched into FLRM previously then you would need another extension to apply for ILR after completing 5 years on set M form.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AnnaPBS
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by AnnaPBS » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:55 pm

Thank you for such a speedy reply! I didn't understand some of the abbreviations. But I guess that also means that the route for me is SET 0. When I came to this country I was PBS dependent. When my husband received his ILR they said I need to live 5 years in the country to apply for my ILR. I've now been here for 6. And my recent visa, which I received already after he received his ILR still says PBS dependent. Which I guess means I need to apply for SET 0?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:59 pm

AnnaPBS wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:55 pm
. And my recent visa, which I received already after he received his ILR still says PBS dependent. Which I guess means I need to apply for SET 0?
Then applying on set O is Correct. In your last post you said "as ILR dependant" which most often refers to FLRM which actually isn't the case for you since you have continuously been holding PBS dependant visa.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AnnaPBS
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by AnnaPBS » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:03 pm

Oh why do they make it so confusing?
My current visa says PBS Dependent Leave to Remain
I'm going on SET 0 page and see this:
If you are the spouse or partner of someone who is settled and currently living in the UK and you have completed the relevant period of continuous leave in the UK using the 'Family Route', you cannot use this form. You must instead apply using the form Apply to settle in the UK - Partner of a person or parent of a child already settled in the UK.

What is this Family route? I originally came here after we got married in the US and I received my first visa as dependent on Tier 2... Is that what they call family route? or is that something completely different?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:08 pm

AnnaPBS wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:03 pm
If you are the spouse or partner of someone who is settled and currently living in the UK and you have completed the relevant period of continuous leave in the UK using the 'Family Route', you cannot use this form. You must instead apply using the form Apply to settle in the UK - Partner of a person or parent of a child already settled in the UK.

What is this Family route? I originally came here after we got married in the US and I received my first visa as dependent on Tier 2... Is that what they call family route? or is that something completely different?
Better to just not read or try to know it for avoiding confusion. That is a caveat and relates to an entirely different route.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:24 pm

AnnaPBS wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:03 pm

If you have not switched at any point to spouse FLR(M) then SET(O) is your route.

AnnaPBS
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by AnnaPBS » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:11 pm

Thank you! I don't think I switched as my BRP says PBS Dependent. I've started filling in SET 0 and it asks questions about my husband's old TIER2 visa, which is super confusing. As he's got ILR for years now... Makes me feel I've chosen a wrong application form. I thought I was ILR Dependant... Or is there no such a thing?

AnnaPBS
Newly Registered
Ukraine

PBS Dependent applying for ILR - Will I need to supply travel history?

Post by AnnaPBS » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:43 am

Hi,
I'm working on my online application for ILR as PBS dependent. I'm already at declaration section. The next one is PAY. But there were no questions about my employment or my dates of travel outside the UK. Will I be asked to provide these later? Or does this not apply to dependents at all?
thank you in advance for your reply!
Anna

zimba
Mood:

Re: PBS Dependent applying for ILR - Will I need to supply travel history?

Post by zimba » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:15 am

No as they are not relevant
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice