ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child's registration application approved - what now?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aragon1

Child's registration application approved - what now?

Post by Aragon1 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:32 am

Hi Gurus,

We are a non-EU family on ILR with a small child born aboard. We just had our group citizenship application approved and waiting for the ceremony letter.

It looks like our child's registration certificate will arrive fairly quickly and I just wanted to confirm our next steps.

1. Once we receive the child's registration certificate, we need to send the ILR BRP back within 5 days. Is this correct? I mean, there is no further need/use for it anymore?

2. Can we immediately apply for the child's passport?

3. Based on what I read in the forums and reference notes, we will need to send the following documents to HMPO.
  • The registration certificate
  • Non-UK passport
  • Non-UK Birth certificate
Are these all the documents that are needed? I read about the Parents' marriage certificate in some posts, is that required?

As always, our sincerest thanks to this great community for all the help and support in our long and costly immigration journey.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Child's registration application approved - what now?

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:43 am

Aragon1 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:32 am
You will get child’s registration certificate at the ceremony when you will attend your’s. The child does not need to attend ceremony, they will hand it over to you. You can apply for a British Passport after that.
Yes this is needed. Check list will let you know about any other documents needed.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Aragon1

Post by Aragon1 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:54 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:43 am
You will get child’s registration certificate at the ceremony when you will attend your’s. The child does not need to attend ceremony, they will hand it over to you. You can apply for a British Passport after that.
Yes this is needed. Check list will let you know about any other documents needed.
Thanks for the quick response CULLINAN. Our approval letter mentions that the child's registration certificate will be sent directly to us.
This will not affect <CHILD>’s application as she/he does not need to attend a
ceremony. Her/His certificate will be sent directly to you within the next four
weeks.

Aragon1

Post by Aragon1 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:32 pm

A follow up question for the Gurus.

We have now received the Citizenship registration certificate for the child. Child is born abroad before parents got ILR ; so registered under 3(1).

I've found the following list of documents we need to send to HMPO in various posts in the forums.

1. Citizenship Registration certificate.
2. Current and uncancelled non-UK passports.

Can you advise if the non-UK birth certificate is also required?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:52 pm

Yes - (original) to prove parental responsibility. Also, if I am correct you will need a consent letter for the child. Does the checklist ask for it?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Aragon1

Post by Aragon1 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:49 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:52 pm
Yes - (original) to prove parental responsibility. Also, if I am correct you will need a consent letter for the child. Does the checklist ask for it?
Thanks mate.

I just finished the online application and the checklist is:

- Citizenship Registration certificate.
- Passport used to enter UK
- Any cancelled non-UK passports.
- Consent letter from mother only if I don't have parental responsibilities.

There is no mention of the birth certificate and it seems the consent letter is not really applicable for me.

I found a few old posts discussing the same scenario and some of parents were asked by HMPO to send the birth certificate. So guess I'd better include that anyway. :?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:51 pm

How do you plan to prove you have parental responsibility without a birth certificate?
Birth certificate is mandatory otherwise HMPO will ask you to send which will delay the application.

Aragon1

Post by Aragon1 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:59 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:51 pm
How do you plan to prove you have parental responsibility without a birth certificate?
Birth certificate is mandatory otherwise HMPO will ask you to send which will delay the application.
That seems to be the case, yes. The online checklist has no mention of it though. Strange but not at all shocking after dealing with various HMG departments over the years.

Thanks CULLINAN.