ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certified passport or just a photocopy?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shak2088
Newly Registered

employer paid me incorrectly. Will wageslips still b accepted?

Post by shak2088 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:38 am

I have been working overtime for the past six months to meet the income requirement. I will b including wageslips from june to november.

In between the six months my employer paid me incorrectly in july, august and september so i was paid less at the end of these months. I chased them up by filling in wage query forms. Whatever i was owed they paid me in october.

I am worried if the home office will think i worked less in those three months i was paid incorrectly and not accept the application thinking i was unable to meet the income requirement. Will there by any issue or will i have to start all over again which I definitely do not want to do.

Thanks in advance

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: employer paid me incorrectly. Will wageslips still b accepted?

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:51 am

shak2088 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:38 am
I have been working overtime for the past six months to meet the income requirement. I will b including wageslips from june to november.

In between the six months my employer paid me incorrectly in july, august and september so i was paid less at the end of these months. I chased them up by filling in wage query forms. Whatever i was owed they paid me in october.

I am worried if the home office will think i worked less in those three months i was paid incorrectly and not accept the application thinking i was unable to meet the income requirement. Will there by any issue or will i have to start all over again which I definitely do not want to do.

Thanks in advance
It could be

1. HO is doubtful as you have described above and make it an issue
2. With the back up of your back and forth correspondence asking for correction and a letter from employer addressed to HO where they admit the error and correction that was done stating outrightly what each of those months short pay was and that all paid up now and reflecting in the payslip of the month (as the already issues pay slips for those months showing less) it was corrected then maybe no issues.

NB: Not being HO so can not state which option they will likely pick.

sam550

Post by sam550 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:52 am

Also you can add cover letter explaining the issue.

shak2088
Newly Registered

Post by shak2088 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:27 pm

Yes i was thinking of including a letter to explain that it was the company’s mistake thats why i was paid incorrectly for three months. That would cover me and fingers crossed my application is still accepted

Thanks all

shak2088
Newly Registered

Certified passport or just a photocopy?

Post by shak2088 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:55 am

Does the passport have to be certified or can i just send a photocopy of my passport when i apply for my wife’s visa

And because i am not using a solicitor can i get it certified at a post office as i have read they offer this service. But will this be accepted?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Certified passport or just a photocopy?

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:02 am

shak2088 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:55 am
Does the passport have to be certified or can i just send a photocopy of my passport when i apply for my wife’s visa

And because i am not using a solicitor can i get it certified at a post office as i have read they offer this service. But will this be accepted?

Thanks
You do not need it certified and neither is a photocopy required. The application is electronic/online now, a scanned PDF copy uploaded online will suffice.