ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accounts for naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Ukvcas appointment for naturalisation

Post by Emirates » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:44 am

Hi Gurus/senior members,

I have completed the application for myself my partner and little one. All on the same portal it was asking to add additional so added partner and then child under 18. Paid £3729 plus £209 for Ukvcas.

My question is the only availibilty I cound see was on 18th december which is a bit far. Can I see the availibilty if there is any earlier appointments available? Not sure if I am able to search for available slots as you only get that option when you pay the fee.

There is no appointments available is Manchester. There was few available in Sheffield and leeds. I booked mine in leeds. I want to get an appointment earlier is there anyway I can do it? Anyway I can check the available slots?

Regards,

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Accounts for naturalisation application

Post by Emirates » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:12 am

Hi all,

Is there a requirement to provide.annual accounts in the naturalisation application? If so how many years.

I had my ILR based on entreprenuer Visa. I have been director since feb 2014. Also I have seen some comments around providing self.assessment. do I need to provide it? I am only taking minimum salary of £700/month.

Thanks is advance.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Accounts for naturalisation application

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:02 am

Accounts no, you are not making an immigration application.

If you are self employed, you should submit self assessment.

Employment, or minimum salary, is NOT a requirement for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Ukvcas appointment for naturalisation

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:55 am

Emirates wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:44 am
Hi Gurus/senior members,

I have completed the application for myself my partner and little one. All on the same portal it was asking to add additional so added partner and then child under 18. Paid £3729 plus £209 for Ukvcas.

My question is the only availibilty I cound see was on 18th december which is a bit far. Can I see the availibilty if there is any earlier appointments available? Not sure if I am able to search for available slots as you only get that option when you pay the fee.

There is no appointments available is Manchester. There was few available in Sheffield and leeds. I booked mine in leeds. I want to get an appointment earlier is there anyway I can do it? Anyway I can check the available slots?

Regards,
The normal appointments are running at a 28 days lag so you got one for 18th Dec. You can not see any availability now i.e. any earlier cancellations (if any). You will have to take the risk to cancel your appointment first to check availability. You may not even get 18th Dec then. Also, since your appointment is paid, if you cancel now and up to 48 hrs before appointment, you will get a refund minus £10/applicant admin charge so £30 less.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ygggy
Newly Registered
Lithuania

Re: Ukvcas appointment for naturalisation

Post by ygggy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:14 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:55 am
The normal appointments are running at a 28 days lag so you got one for 18th Dec. You can not see any availability now i.e. any earlier cancellations (if any). You will have to take the risk to cancel your appointment first to check availability. You may not even get 18th Dec then. Also, since your appointment is paid, if you cancel now and up to 48 hrs before appointment, you will get a refund minus £10/applicant admin charge so £30 less.
I managed to get one

I applied for citizenship (EU settled status route) on November 18th at 1am. Went to bed, woke up at 10am, and after 20 or so minutes of refreshing the booking page, an appointment for November 24th popped up in Croydon. Even saw an earlier one in Victoria but by the time I clicked it, it said it was no longer available.

Edit: oh, it was a paid appointment though! Paid £65

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:34 pm

Thanks All,

I have cancelled my appointment and taking the risk to find earlier. I have booked last night and cancelled today I will only be charged £10 per booking? Any ideas how to get a appointment sooner? I dont mind to travel if I get an earlier one

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:52 pm

Emirates wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:34 pm
Thanks All,

I have cancelled my appointment and taking the risk to find earlier. I have booked last night and cancelled today I will only be charged £10 per booking? Any ideas how to get a appointment sooner? I dont mind to travel if I get an earlier one

Thanks
Given you appointment was more than 48 hours far when you cancelled, you will get the refund automatically minus £10 admin charge per applicant.

Step 1: Now, the best is to keep looking regularly throughout the day and especially after 12AM GMT. Do this exercise for 2-3 days. Different locations/centres. Use different city postcodes.

Tonight after 12AM you will end up getting slots for 20th Dec which is a Sunday. Sunday only a few centres are open so very limited availability. Most likely, tonight you will see no availability.

Best to look 12:01AM GMT Tuesday for sure. Till then repeat the exercise at Step 1. Worst case scenario, you will be able to book one for 21Dec otherwise on Tuesday 12:01 GMT. Or you can wait till Wed 12:01 GMT and worst case scenario, will get one for 22Dec. By that time if you keep repeating Step 1, you may get lucky to book an earlier slot.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:44 pm

Thanks Cullinan,

You are surely an asset to this forum.

Regards,

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Immigration history on the AN form

Post by Emirates » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:56 pm

Hi Cullinan/Seniors,

I wanted to check that on the application form it asks for immigration history. I only remember the dates of the extension as I have got the approval letter for tier 1 entrepreneur and also got email for ILR so on the form I just mentioned ILR and given dates and then said no as I don't remember the dates of all my immigration history. Checked this with my solicitor, he said I should be fine as HO have all your history anyway, the latest application is more relevant as they can see the biometrics and the decisions etc

Do you think I should be fine?

Regards,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Immigration history on the AN form

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:34 pm

Emirates wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:56 pm
Hi Cullinan/Seniors,

I wanted to check that on the application form it asks for immigration history. I only remember the dates of the extension as I have got the approval letter for tier 1 entrepreneur and also got email for ILR so on the form I just mentioned ILR and given dates and then said no as I don't remember the dates of all my immigration history. Checked this with my solicitor, he said I should be fine as HO have all your history anyway, the latest application is more relevant as they can see the biometrics and the decisions etc

Do you think I should be fine?

Regards,
Dates are “if known” question.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:50 pm

You need 3 slots, so you have to be more lucky for any cancellations to happen that can fit you all 3. Keep trying though latest till 12:01 GMT Wed. If you fail to get any earlier slot, best to give up and book then for what is available in Dec.

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:47 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:50 pm
You need 3 slots, so you have to be more lucky for any cancellations to happen that can fit you all 3. Keep trying though latest till 12:01 GMT Wed. If you fail to get any earlier slot, best to give up and book then for what is available in Dec.
Hey Cullinan,

I agree. not sure if I did right thing to cancel my appointment for the 18th dec :(. For my previous ILR application I was very lucky to find one in Croydon within a week so I travelled all the way from Manchester.
Majority of the centre are closed on Sunday's.

I will give it a go for next couple of days If I am lucky. Just 2 min earlier found 1 free in Birmingham for 16th but was deciding and went back in it was gone. so there is a hope there might be few more. The once I cancelled today when do you reckon I will get the refund for it and will that slot show back up again after 12. I know you don't work for UKVCAS :) but asking based on your knowledge.

It is a nightmare to get hold of anyone at UKVCAS. HO is charging £19.20 and on top of there UKVCAS looters who charge up to £600 quids just to do the bio and click the submit button.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:50 pm

The refund can take up to 2 weeks. Some times more due to corona. Once you cancel, the slot opens up, but for you to book the same you need to wait 30min. If you can not see the same slot now which you cancelled, most likely its gone. You should aim for a free slot (if available - which is rare) to save some money.

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:07 am

*****UPDATE*******

Hi All,

Cancelled my appointment for Supra Steria, got refunded within 3 days minus £10 charge. So 3 applicants but they only deducted £10 and refunded £200. I wanted to mention this as well that I was not able to get any earlier appointments so booked again 18/12/2020 but this time at 11.30am, before it was 3.30pm. Wanted to mention that just stick to the dates you are getting.

The advise given my you all is really valuable and I appreciate it as always.

Stay Blessed!

Regards,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:11 am

Good luck. It is harder to fit in 3 applicants within a cancelled slot unless 3 slots are cancelled. But anyways its fine.

I would suggest you to benefit from the self-submit documents feature so your documents are sent to UKVi even before biometrics and you may save some time.

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:18 pm

Thanks Cullinan,

Always appreciate your valuable input my dear brother. You are a go to person and a great asset to this forum. Stay blessed and keep helping, not many people are like you so take some time to appreciate yourself.

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Document List for naturalisation application AN and MN form

Post by Emirates » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:31 pm

Hi Cullinan/Senior members/moderators,

I am listing all the documents uploaded on the UKVCAS portal: (Correct me if I am missing on anything please)

Parents (Mr&Mrs)

Passport current (Front and back page) for both
BRP - ILR for both
Marriage Cert translated in English
Degree for me and B-1 for partner
Travel History 5 years for both
Cohabitation documents 5 years (Bank statements,utility,Hmrc,coucil,credit card statements etc)
LIUK
P-60's for me from 2014-2015 to 2019-2020 for me (I don't have earlier ones) Came in uk 2010 sep
Self assessment for me (Director of ltd company) Caveat - not sure if required
Reference letter for me and partner (4) signed with photograph attached on it (Photo graph not signed)
Pakistan ID card for both
Application form (1) uploaded on all the applicants as the form covers all 3 of us.

Child Under 18 (2.5 yrs old)
Pakistan ID
BRP
Pakistan Passport
Birth Cert
My Bank statements showing I am paying for her nursery
Reference letter (Accountant - family friend and another friend who is British)

Please let me know If I need any more documents as my appointment is on 18/12/2020 so I have some time.

Regards,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Document List for naturalisation application AN and MN form

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:05 am

Emirates wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:31 pm
Hi Cullinan/Senior members/moderators,

I am listing all the documents uploaded on the UKVCAS portal: (Correct me if I am missing on anything please)

Parents (Mr&Mrs)
First of all. Just want to clarify as I think you have a misconception. AN is not an immigration application and no one is a dependent to anyone. Your wife is no more a dependent on you or vice versa. Lets move on now.

Passport current (Front and back page and all stamps covering the 5 year qualifying period) for both
BRP - ILR for both
Marriage Cert translated in English
Degree for me and B-1 for partner
Travel History 5 years for both listed in online form only

Cohabitation documents
NO cohabitation documents are needed
5 years (Bank statements,utility,Hmrc,coucil,credit card statements etc)
LIUK
P-60's for me from 2014-2015 to 2019-2020 for me (I don't have earlier ones) Came in uk 2010 sep
Self assessment for me (Director of ltd company) Caveat - not sure if required
Nothing stated above and below cohabitation documents section is needed. If you pay your taxes via PAYE, you do not need a self-assessment. Latest Self assessment is only needed for someone who is registered as self-employed currently

Reference letter for me and partner (4) signed with
photograph attached on it (Photo graph not signed)
2 each referees needed

Pakistan ID card for both not needed

Application form (1) uploaded on all the applicants as the form covers all 3 of us.
not needed

Child Under 18 (2.5 yrs old)
Pakistan ID not needed
BRP
Pakistan Passport
Birth Cert
My Bank statements showing I am paying for her nursery
not needed
Reference letter (Accountant - family friend and another friend who is British)
in case of children you need one referee who knows the child in a professional capacity e.g teacher, health visitor etc

Please let me know If I need any more documents (well you need a lot LESS documents as my appointment is on 18/12/2020 so I have some time.

Regards,

Please follow the checklist. AN checklist is accurate. Do not upload or submit bunch of unnecessary documents. Also, I think you need a parent’s consent letter for the child. The checklist should have generated that.

Adults in your case only need:
Passport(s) and stamps covering 5 years
ILR BRP
English Test
Life in UK
2 Referees

Marriage Certificate would be generated I think due to the child.

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:23 am

Hey cullinan/Seniors

Hope you are well.

Came with another question if that's ok?

The checklist generated has got couple of questions which I am not sure about:

1)Proof of Mr xxx parental responsibility for Miss xx (My daughter's name). (Not sure what to upload?)

2)Consent letter from Miss xx (my daughter) parents(s) or legal guardian(s)

The letter must:
- give their full names and addresses
- say that they agree to let you apply for a british citizenship

The checklist did not generated any consent form, how can I get one? if I am unable to get one then what should be the format and address to?

Much appreciate your help as always. Stay blessed and keep helping

Regards,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:26 am

1) Child’s Birth Certificate

2) Mother’s consent:

I (Full name of mother) consent to this application for the registration of (Full name of child) as a British Citizen.

Signature:
Date:
Address:
Mobile:
Email:

Father’s consent:

I (Full name of father) consent to this application for the registration of (Full name of child) as a British Citizen.

Signature:
Date:
Address:
Mobile:
Email:

Print fill sign upload.

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:43 am

Wow.

Amazing person you are Cullinan.

Thank you ever so much. May be InshAllah one day I will treat you for a dinner just to say a little thank you for all the your hard work.

Regards,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:50 am

Emirates wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:43 am
Wow.

Amazing person you are Cullinan.

Thank you ever so much. May be InshAllah one day I will treat you for a dinner just to say a little thank you for all the your hard work.

Regards,
Welcome. Will wait for the dinner :lol: Kiddin.

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:58 am

Sure any time only if I am allowed to post my number. Give me a shout whenever you are around Manchester. To Offer food and treat guests is a blessing from Almighty.

I have uploaded the birth Certificate already but was not sure on the checklist it is asking for birth certificate and then it ask for proof of parental responsibility for my daughter, was not sure so I have uploaded the invoices of her nursery which I am paying monthly. Is it correct?

Also I was not able to get reference from her nursery as they were worried giving out their passport details, so my accountant put his reference and said it should be fine as He used his refernce for few and never had any issue?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:04 am

Emirates wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:58 am
Sure any time only if I am allowed to post my number. Give me a shout whenever you are around Manchester. To Offer food and treat guests is a blessing from Almighty.
Your kind words are more than a treat to me. Thank you. BTW I studied in Manchester but now I live in London

I have uploaded the birth Certificate already but was not sure on the checklist it is asking for birth certificate and then it ask for proof of parental responsibility for my daughter, was not sure so I have uploaded the invoices of her nursery which I am paying monthly. Is it correct?
No its not needed. You can delete this from UKVCAS account but if you have already self submitted then its okay as you can not delete after self submission.

Also I was not able to get reference from her nursery as they were worried giving out their passport details, so my accountant put his reference and said it should be fine as He used his refernce for few and never had any issue?
For child applicants at least one of the referees must be a person who has dealt with the child in a professional role such as a teacher, doctor, health visitor or social worker. Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted to do so, you can accept 2 referees who meet the criteria for referees on adult applications.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf

Add a cover letter and explain the situation as the nursery refused. You already arranged another referee - arrange as per Adult criteria. So it will be okay. HO is not strict when it comes to referees for young children.

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:15 am

Well said bro.

Last question for today please.

I can see a self submit radio button which states the options below: (Particularly check the last one)

Please read and tick the box to confirm:
•I can confirm that I have uploaded all supporting documents
•Every supporting document has been uploaded to the correct Visa applicant
•I have permission from all Visa applicants to submit on their behalf
•I consent to all uploaded files being sent to UKVI
•If I have purchased the document checking service I accept that these uploaded documents will NOT be sent to UKVI until the document checking service is finished.

So the last option stress that I should not submit until I get my documents checked as I have paid for the appointment (£230)

regards