ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can the immigration authorities refuse my application?

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

soniagarag7172
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Can the immigration authorities refuse my application?

Post by soniagarag7172 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:29 pm

I am xxxxxxx from xxxxxx Punjab. I want to migrate to Australia for study and want help regarding visa application. anyone can tell me some major reasons that my visa can be cancelled by the embassy. if any weblink removed dby moderator is there then must help me or any one share their views. TIA.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Can the immigration authorities refuse my application?

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:38 pm

Hello

Please don't post your name around forums when you ask questions. We don't need that.

A student visa can be refused by any country for various reasons such as not enough money, not credible study project, adverse immigration history... and once issued, it can be cancelled if the terms of the visa are not respected such as the bearer working and not studying.

Your question is vague really.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:19 am

Here is the official website where you can find information about student visas to Australia:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/g ... nder/study

There is no point collecting all reasons why a visa can be cancelled. Try to find out if you are eligible and if not or what can you do to change your situation in order to fit within eligibility criteria. Often student visas are matter or having enough funds. If you don't have enough money, see with your authorities if there are students loans or other assistance for you to complete your project.

Also, consider what are your options AFTER the studies. In most countries, once your studies are over, you are expected to leave. I don't know for Australia, but if your goal is to leave your country for good, you need to be careful with student visas. Pick up a country that offers options or facilities for students willing to stay. Otherwise, you may spend years and a lot of money then end up with a letter asking you to leave the country where you studied for years.

xebec
Australia

Post by xebec » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:29 am

To grant a student visa, you must present yourself as a genuine student. If you have an intent to migrate, and the paperwork you present them suggests that, then they might not grant you a visa.

What they look for:
1. Sufficient funds to live in Australia ($70 a day for the entire course + funds for flights back + tuition fees). You must prove you have the funds in total
2. Intent to return home - family ties / property
3. Genuine study reasons - if you are doing a Masters degree, it must be related to your undergraduate / or evidence that you've worked in the same field
4. If you are doing a course with wanted skills in Australia (such as medicine / engineering etc.) then they might be more willing to grant a visa
5. If you're doing a course that's a skilled type for which its not on the wanted skills list, they might scrutinise your application for chances you will leave the course and work full time instead.

After completing your education, Australia has made it hard to work in the country. You need to have a combination of education and work experience - and a company willing to sponsor you. If you don't have that, the chances are bleak; as by law you need to provide hiring companies proof that you are entitled to work in Australia so that they don't get fined.