ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Filing EEA1/EEA2 this week-Where to send - Help plz

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vpp1981

Filing EEA1/EEA2 this week-Where to send - Help plz

Post by vpp1981 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:51 pm

Hi all,

I am non EU and my wife is EU National.I got the EEA FP and came here August with my wife.
For all the process I got help and confidence by seeing the posts from this forum.its really a great help for people like us.
Now my wife is working and so We are planned to apply EEA1/EEA2 together.My doubts are
1)But confused about where to send them both.Should we send them to LIVERPOOL or CROYDON.
2)Should we keep self addressed special delivery covers along with the application for them to send us the documents back.
3)should we send by Registered post or by normal First class..

Help will be appreciated plz

thsths

Re: Filing EEA1/EEA2 this week-Where to send - Help plz

Post by thsths » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:21 pm

vpp1981 wrote:1)But confused about where to send them both.Should we send them to LIVERPOOL or CROYDON.
I think they are being processed separately anyway. If you want to send them together, I would send them to Croydon.
2)Should we keep self addressed special delivery covers along with the application for them to send us the documents back.
Your choice. If you do not, they will be send back as signed for.
3)should we send by Registered post or by normal First class..
It is called "signed for" now, and yes, I would certainly do that, so that you have a proof of delivery. The number will also be your reference.

vpp1981

Post by vpp1981 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:32 pm

Hi thsths,
sorry to bother again..one more doubt plz..
Since we are applying for both EEA1 and EEA2 the documents like marriage certificate , salary slips etc must be original copies or only photocopies..
if original,then for both application should I have to attach the photocopies for each of them along with the original?
thanks

raindear
Newly Registered

Post by raindear » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:40 am

i sent our application separately with the corresponding address that was mentioned in the documents last 3rd september and I received today my certifcate of application but not yet of my husband. I'm actually surprised that I received mine first and within less than a month from when I sent it. I'm non-eea and my husband is eea.

thsths

Post by thsths » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:39 am

raindear wrote:i sent our application separately with the corresponding address that was mentioned in the documents last 3rd september and I received today my certifcate of application but not yet of my husband. I'm actually surprised that I received mine first and within less than a month from when I sent it. I'm non-eea and my husband is eea.
It may seem strange, but EEA citizens do not get a certificate of application. That is because they should receive the registration document "immediately", so there is no need for an acknowledgement letter. And yes, the UKBA interpretation of this word is slightly unusual.

vpp1981

Post by vpp1981 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:18 pm

hi all ,
One more thing about sending EEA1 application..
You can get an Appointment in Croydon office to have the same day approval.I have got an appointment for my wife(She is EEA) and I had sent my documents(EEA2) by post to Croydon.
I have sent my applicaton with her passport..
We are planning to apply to go for the appointment of EEA1 with her ID Card..
Appointments can only be made prior to 6 weeks..
may be this will help..

js101
Newly Registered

Post by js101 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:54 pm

Kindly note this is the address for EEA2 applications,

UK Border Agency
European Applications EEA2
PO Box 306
Dept 45
Liverpool
L2 0QN

you can download updated form on this website:
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... a/eea2.pdf

raindear
Newly Registered

Post by raindear » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:52 am

thsths wrote:
raindear wrote:i sent our application separately with the corresponding address that was mentioned in the documents last 3rd september and I received today my certifcate of application but not yet of my husband. I'm actually surprised that I received mine first and within less than a month from when I sent it. I'm non-eea and my husband is eea.
It may seem strange, but EEA citizens do not get a certificate of application. That is because they should receive the registration document "immediately", so there is no need for an acknowledgement letter. And yes, the UKBA interpretation of this word is slightly unusual.
What's the timeframe in getting his registration card? Thanks.

thsths

Post by thsths » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:29 am

raindear wrote:What's the timeframe in getting his registration card? Thanks.
I see no reason to doubt the information given on http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... ropeanlaw/ , which would indicate a processing time of around 8 months. This is quite ridiculous, but luckily there is no need to have a Registration Certificate. Mine is still sitting here and waiting for a possible use.