ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No appointment on VFS! On Demand Mobile Visa experience?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lagado

No appointment on VFS! On Demand Mobile Visa experience?

Post by Lagado » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:33 pm

Hello everyone, hope everyone is safe and well.
Today my solicitor submitted my husbands spouse visa application and is going to upload supporting documents in the coming days. He was saying biometric appointments are very limited and hard to find atm (understandably!) and if no luck, we'll book the "On Demand Mobile Visa" which costs 45000 Pkr.

This is the first time I've heard of this service, Has anyone had any experience with this?

Also what times are best to check for biometric appointments??
My husband will be going to the Lahore office which is currently open as of yet, but I know people are eagerly trying to find a slot to book asap!!

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: No appointment on VFS! On Demand Mobile Visa experience?

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:37 pm

Lagado wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:33 pm
, we'll book the "On Demand Mobile Visa" which costs 45000 Pkr.

This is the first time I've heard of this service, Has anyone had any experience with this?
Yes that one do exist. Check the following relevant page and also read through the other pertinent information.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pk/en/premium-services
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Lagado

Post by Lagado » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:34 pm

I'm not sure whether I'm doing something right, when I'm on the VFS website and click on "book appointment" it directs me to the gov.uk page "check if you need a uk visa"??? Help?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:06 pm

Lagado wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:34 pm
I'm not sure whether I'm doing something right, when I'm on the VFS website and click on "book appointment" it directs me to the gov.uk page "check if you need a uk visa"??? Help?
Read few similar experiences:

immigration-for-family-members/can-t-bo ... 06685.html
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Lagado

Post by Lagado » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:02 am

Thankyou
Luckily kept checking at 8am and got an appointment for the 28th, however I did have to pay for "prime time"

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:43 am

Lagado wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:02 am
Thankyou
Luckily kept checking at 8am and got an appointment for the 28th, however I did have to pay for "prime time"
Hi Lagado,

Was it 8am UK time?

I've been checking everyday for the past week between 7 and 8 am UK time as that is the slot I was told appointmnets become available. but so far have not had any luck :(

Sha_94
Newly Registered

Post by Sha_94 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:03 pm

My solicitor also sent the application and tried to book the biometrics but no free slots... I doubt he will be checking at 8am as his work starts at 9am... :cry: :cry: I might have to go with the on demand mobile visa but theres not much info on it.

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:07 pm

Sha_94 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:03 pm
My solicitor also sent the application and tried to book the biometrics but no free slots... I doubt he will be checking at 8am as his work starts at 9am... :cry: :cry: I might have to go with the on demand mobile visa but theres not much info on it.
I managed to get an appointment for 5th January.

From looks of it you have to check everyday between 7 am and 8 am UK time. They release slots in batches and they all get full within the hour. They dont release new appointments everyday, so you have to check everyday

Sha_94
Newly Registered

Post by Sha_94 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:19 pm

farazk86 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:07 pm
Sha_94 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:03 pm
I managed to get an appointment for 5th January.

From looks of it you have to check everyday between 7 am and 8 am UK time. They release slots in batches and they all get full within the hour. They dont release new appointments everyday, so you have to check everyday
Wow that's a long wait... And then after that the 1-2 month application waiting... Might as well just go for the on demand mobile instead of waiting that long :(

Lagado

Post by Lagado » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:23 am

Oh wow 5th January :(
I'd definitely carry on checking during 7-9am and then every other hour.
There's unfortunately no select time when they upload new slots
Best of luck xx

Sha_94
Newly Registered

Post by Sha_94 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:54 pm

So I tried to do a google search on on-demand mobile visa experiences in Pakistan and there is literally nothing :? My spouse lives in a village, how would they even know its the right house because there's no house numbers... Im so confused on what to do :|

Aamer saeed

Post by Aamer saeed » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:41 pm

Lagado wrote:
I am exactly on same page. Could you please help me go through the process. I am struggling to make appointments. Thanks in advance ...

Aamer saeed

Post by Aamer saeed » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:49 pm

I'm not sure whether I'm doing something right, when I'm on the VFS website and click on "book appointment" it directs me to the gov.uk page "check if you need a uk visa. Help please

Lagado

Post by Lagado » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:19 pm

Aamer saeed wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:41 pm
Lagado wrote:
I am exactly on same page. Could you please help me go through the process. I am struggling to make appointments. Thanks in advance ...
Hi, this only happens when there isn't any appointments available at the moment. As soon as there is, you'll be given date/time slots to choose from. Unfortunately that's the only way around it, until the you'll be redirected to the gov.uk page I suggest checking 7-9am Monday to Friday, just keep refreshing I know it sounds silly.

Aamer saeed

Post by Aamer saeed » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:05 pm

Still struggling with the appointment . So my question is applicatio can be considered if we still hunting for appointment. So we apply on 7jan and scanned all the documents and paid the fee. So can they still work on our documents and later we got a appointment for biometric. Or they will consider once biometric been given. Thanks.

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:08 pm

Aamer saeed wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:05 pm
Still struggling with the appointment . So my question is applicatio can be considered if we still hunting for appointment. So we apply on 7jan and scanned all the documents and paid the fee. So can they still work on our documents and later we got a appointment for biometric. Or they will consider once biometric been given. Thanks.
To the best of my knowledge processing on an application only begins after biometrics is given. Someone can correct me on this if I'm wrong.

Other than that, I know its stressful.. but all we can do is keep trying and like I said above, from my experience appointments are not released daily, they appear to be released in batches.. so just keep checking at the times mentioned above and you'll get one insha Allah :)

Aamer saeed

Post by Aamer saeed » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:19 pm

Thanks very much. I will be checking from now on.

Lagado

Post by Lagado » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:46 pm

Aamer saeed wrote:

As farazk86 mentioned, unfortunately the waiting period for the decision to be made will only begin once the biometrics have been submitted. Really hope you find an appointment soon.

Bilz92
Newly Registered
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Bilz92 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:42 am

Aamer saeed wrote:
Hi, I booked mine on the 20th of Jan 2021 which was a Wednesday and I got an appointment for the 23rd of January 2021. For 2 or 3 continuous days I was checking every hour or so but this appointment that I booked it was around 7am(UK time) which was 12pm(Pakistan time). However on and off 2 weeks before my spouse went to Islamabad I was checking for appointments here and there randomly and I noticed only on 3 occasions appointments were available, 2am at night, 7am in the morning and 10am in the morning. I don't know if its me but I noticed appointments becoming available on Tuesday/Wednesday mainly. Best of luck.

Cupcakeyy
Newly Registered

Post by Cupcakeyy » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:25 pm

Hi,

I am still struggling to find biometric appointment for islamabad! I literally refreshed page all day starting from 7am this morning till about 6ish !

Any other tips?

medic123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by medic123 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:10 pm

Hi. Try Sunday evening around 6/7pm. They released a batch last sunday

Cupcakeyy
Newly Registered

Post by Cupcakeyy » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:14 am

Hi all,

Just an update i got an appointment this morning at 5:57 uk time for monday 13th in slamabad but my solisitor says she needs time to upload my documents??? Does it usually take long to upload?

Aamer saeed

Post by Aamer saeed » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:53 pm

I think You have enough time to upload documents , if you gathered them all. Its hard to get the appointment these days

medic123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by medic123 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:41 pm

Hi Lagado. Can you let us know what HO asked you andyoir employer when they rang you.

Lagado

Post by Lagado » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:33 pm

medic123 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:41 pm
Hi Lagado. Can you let us know what HO asked you andyoir employer when they rang you.
Hi, they asked about:
-where I work & how I get to work.
-when I started, how many hours I do, what days.
-how I got the job, interview process, what qualifications/skills I had to get the job.
-how many employees there are, name of my colleagues and what they do.
-work building layout, what it looks like, specific things about the building.
-what’s nearby and on the way to work.
-how many days I’ve had off, with dates, have I been furloughed and do I work from home.
-how I get paid, what day and how much I get paid.
-how business is run, what is my day to day.
-am I or my spouse related to anyone at work.

The questions are definitely specific and I’m assuming they asked my employer the same. But please keep in mind they do not always ask the same questions to everyone and may vary. Best of luck.