ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

batelco
Bahrain

Accommodation requirement

Post by batelco » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:58 pm

Hi all, I have been a silent reader on this forum and it has really been an amazing source of information. Thank you all for your help to keep this forum running.

I am a British citizen, my husband is a non EU national. We applied for a spouse visa which was granted and then we extended FLR(M) few months ago.

We are currently renting out a flat but looking to move and buy another flat. Since my husband credit history is still not great and still taking English courses, I will be the only source of income on the mortgage application.

My question is as follows: is it going to be OK if I have my sole name only on the land registry/ house deed or will this bring any complication related to co-habitation and accommodation requirement at the time when we apply for his ILR?

We will be living in the new property together and will gather cohabitation evidences in his name, mine and some joint (letters, council tax.. etc) but just wanted to see if being the sole name on the house deed/ registry will present any issues down the line to proof accommodation?

Thank you,

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Accommodation requirement

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:19 pm

batelco wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:58 pm
Hi all, I have been a silent reader on this forum and it has really been an amazing source of information. Thank you all for your help to keep this forum running.

I am a British citizen, my husband is a non EU national. We applied for a spouse visa which was granted and then we extended FLR(M) few months ago.

We are currently renting out a flat but looking to move and buy another flat. Since my husband credit history is still not great and still taking English courses, I will be the only source of income on the mortgage application.

My question is as follows: is it going to be OK if I have my sole name only on the land registry/ house deed or will this bring any complication related to co-habitation and accommodation requirement at the time when we apply for his ILR?

We will be living in the new property together and will gather cohabitation evidences in his name, mine and some joint (letters, council tax.. etc) but just wanted to see if being the sole name on the house deed/ registry will present any issues down the line to proof accommodation?

Thank you,
For immigration matters it doesn't matter as who owns the property and wherever that question will be asked such as "own/rent/others" then answer should be "own". Simply keep your cohabitation evidences up-to-date with the new address.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

batelco
Bahrain

Public funds/ Help to buy

Post by batelco » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:45 pm

Hope you are all safe.

I just to follow up with a quick question, it turned out we have to have a joint application as we are using the help to buy scheme.

Can you please confirm if this is considered as "public funds" as my husband spouse visa says no access to public funds.

Will this have any effect when applying to ILR?

Thanks again for all your help.

sam550

Re: Accommodation requirement

Post by sam550 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:46 am

Help to buy doesn’t consider a public fund - I’m on FLR FP visa and we’ve also gone with help to buy scheme when we bought our house, just make sure to remortgage your house/flat in good time and pay off your help to buy percentage :) and yes please make sure it’s a freehold flat with no cladding and service/management charges issue.

Good luck