ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can you remain in the uk while waiting a decision?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

robsters
Member of Standing

can you remain in the uk while waiting a decision?

Post by robsters » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:00 pm

we applied for eu settlement scheme paperform but we are still waiting a decision. however my wife residence card expires on 15th Dec....will she have the right to remain until the decision is made? we rang the home office and the lady did not know (hard to believe i know) any help would be great. we had a letter saying ceft of application

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: can you remain in the uk while waiting a decision?

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:02 pm

Hello,

Yes, if she has a Certificate of Application in hand, it's fine. Some can even work with these certificates (if they mention right to work). So she doesn't need to leave the UK. But she must stay in the UK (no travel abroad) while her case is considered.

robsters
Member of Standing

Re: can you remain in the uk while waiting a decision?

Post by robsters » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:20 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:02 pm
Hello,

Yes, if she has a Certificate of Application in hand, it's fine. Some can even work with these certificates (if they mention right to work). So she doesn't need to leave the UK. But she must stay in the UK (no travel abroad) while her case is considered.
thank you so much you were more informative then the lady i got through to on the phone who told me to look up the 3c3d uk visa information.

just hope the decision is positive...is there any reason why they "could" refuse?