ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 YEAR ROUTE

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ashontherun
India

ILR 10 YEAR ROUTE

Post by ashontherun » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:07 pm

Hello moderators and gurus,

I am applying for 10 year route ILR and I am currently on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension visa which is valid until Aug 2021.

My dependants, wife and 2 children age 16 and 12 too have a valid visa until Aug 2021 and will complete their 10 years next year Aug 2021.

I have some queries which I am sure would have been answered previously (apologies for repeating):

1. Since I am currently on Tier 1 HS Ent visa - do I have to submit Business documents as there was a confusion regarding one of the questions in the SET LR Form

Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK? Yes, I do have as I have mentioned 2 kids living and studying in UK since Aug 2011 and also mentioned that I have my business in UK which I intend to continue here in UK. At the end of the application, they have asked me to submit - Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK - hence this query

2. Also when I get my ILR, do my dependants have to switch to a different visa category, or they could continue to live in UK on Tier 1 HS Dependant visa until Aug 2021 and then individually apply for ILR based on 10 year route?

Please could you advise.

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: ILR 10 YEAR ROUTE

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:27 pm

ashontherun wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:07 pm

I am applying for 10 year route ILR and I am currently on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension visa which is valid until Aug 2021.

My dependants, wife and 2 children age 16 and 12 too have a valid visa until Aug 2021 and will complete their 10 years next year Aug 2021.

I have some queries which I am sure would have been answered previously (apologies for repeating):

1. Since I am currently on Tier 1 HS Ent visa - do I have to submit Business documents as there was a confusion regarding one of the questions in the SET LR Form

Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK? Yes, I do have as I have mentioned 2 kids living and studying in UK since Aug 2011 and also mentioned that I have my business in UK which I intend to continue here in UK. At the end of the application, they have asked me to submit - Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK - hence this query

2. Also when I get my ILR, do my dependants have to switch to a different visa category, or they could continue to live in UK on Tier 1 HS Dependant visa until Aug 2021 and then individually apply for ILR based on 10 year route?

Please could you advise.

Thanks

1. No

2. Yes FLRM
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-flrm
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:33 pm

ashontherun wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:07 pm

Please could you advise.

Thanks
Your dependents are expected to change their visas to FLR(M) as they will not be able to settle via the PBS route i.e. the 5 year route after you get ILR via LR.
However, your dependents can carry on their existing visa and apply for LR. If they qualify in Aug 2021 and are eligible to apply for LR before current visa expiry they can.
Note, there is a risk their visas could be curtailed if they travel outside UK. So they should not travel outside till then.

Also, note, no business documents are needed for Tier 1 Ent via LR route, however, HO may check anything they want. Usually applicants who apply for LR route being on Tier 1 Ent, they experience longer waits. So expect that and be prepared.

Also, your own ILR can take up to 6 months (as SP is suspended). So they can apply via LR if they are eligible and meet the LR requirements in Aug 2021.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:42 pm

Obviously if your ILR will succeed first, their applications will only succeed then. Assuming you will get ILR within 6 months.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ashontherun
India

Post by ashontherun » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:01 pm

Thank you seagul and Cullinan for answering my queries.

I have a further query please?

My dependants will be eligible on a 10 year route long residence ILR route in July 2021.

If my ILR takes longer due to the current covid situation and being on Tier 1 HS Ent Ext, then can they apply for their ILR based on 10 year route long residence in July 2021 please?

Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:35 pm

ashontherun wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:01 pm
Thank you seagul and Cullinan for answering my queries.

I have a further query please?

My dependants will be eligible on a 10 year route long residence ILR route in July 2021.

If my ILR takes longer due to the current covid situation and being on Tier 1 HS Ent Ext, then can they apply for their ILR based on 10 year route long residence in July 2021 please?

Thank you
If it is ILR LR, each person qualifies in their own right and are not dependent on the status of another individual.

ashontherun
India

Post by ashontherun » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:00 pm

Thank you AmazonianX!