ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Visa Application

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Shah05

Indian Visa Application

Post by Shah05 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:33 pm

Hello ALl,

I am a British national for a few years and have traveled earlier with E-visa to India. Haven't got OCI yet.

Now due to some emergency I will need to travel to India in 10 days' time, is there any way I can still apply for Evisa in the current pandemic situation? or there is some other way to obtain Visa? can you please send links?

Many thanks.

Shah05

Re: Indian Visa Application

Post by Shah05 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:54 am

PLease any advice/sugestions?

xebec
Australia

Post by xebec » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:10 am

Best to contact the High Commission directly.

Have you seen this page: https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/page/trave ... istration/ ?

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:38 pm

Thank you, have sorted an emergency visa now.

dellledd911
Sri Lanka

Post by dellledd911 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:31 pm

Shah05 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:38 pm
Thank you, have sorted an emergency visa now.
Hi Shah,

I'm in the same situation as you.
I need to apply for OCI, but it will take time and I need to be in India on the first week of January for an emergency family situation.
Could you please tell me what visa did you apply for, how and where and also what documents and what reason did you have to give? I read somewhere you can only get an emergency visa when someone who is blood-related to you is seriously ill or dead.

Please guide me if possible as I'm running behind this for quite a while now.

Thanks

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:41 pm

Hi,

Yes true, OCI will take some time.

Apply for an Emergency visa, Go to https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/, select Regular Paper visa form>>>> Regular paper visa application and start filling in the form..

Visa type- ENtry
purpose - I selected - 1st option from the drop-down

You can select 6 months - multiple entries, photographs will be needed digital and printed both you can check the requirements. (If you are using any booth they are pretty much easy ones as they have an option for Indian visa pics. Upload a digital photo and submit an application.)

Once you have submitted an application take a printout of the application form, stick a photo and sign below as well as at the end of the form. Scan the signed application along with all the documents and email them to visa.london@mea.gov.in

Make sure your application has those emergency documents attached. On appointment, You will be asked the emergency reason.

Documents I submitted: Old surrendered Indian passport, surrender certificate, Current passport, Medical documents, 2 passport size photos along with the main application signed form.

Timeline Example: If you submit today, most probably tomorrow you will receive a letter for an appointment and that would be for the day after tomorrow. After submission, you might need to wait for few hours but Visa will be granted on the same day

Hope this will help .

Rinkal

glencoe
Newly Registered
India

Post by glencoe » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:59 pm

Hi @Shah05,

Thank you for the information. It is quite helpful.
What's the duration of your visa if I may ask?
Also is it some medical document from India that you had to submit?

Thank you.

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:01 pm

Hi I applied for 3 months so got 3 months but people who applied for 6 months they got 6 too. So depends what you wanna put in. Once you submit the form you can’t change the details just need to submit new application form and take that one to appointments.

For me unfortunately it was a death certificate!

alokpanda123
Newly Registered
India

Post by alokpanda123 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:09 pm

Are medical and health the only emergency reasons they accept? I still have an Indian passport which I can use with a penalty I hope? But I hear exiting from India with an Indian and UK passport might pose certain challenges.