ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

home office online application regarding child under 18

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alistairmorris
Newly Registered

home office online application regarding child under 18

Post by alistairmorris » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:32 pm

Hi everyone, i'll try and be brief!! Im British, my wife and her son, are Russian, his biological father signed a document through a lawyer in moscow for the british embassy in moscow allowing his son to come to britain in 2012 to live permantly, which was accepted by the home office, the document was translated professionally. since then, they now both have ILR, which was done in 2016, we are now in the process of applying for naturalisation for them both and the section for child applicant seems to need his biological fathers consent, it wont let me progress any further without ticking that box!! also he has never seen or heard from his biological father and we also have translated documents prior to him leaving Russia from kindergarden confirming they had never seen the father. would a explanation in the any other information to ad section of child applicant explaining this suffice with all documents scanned to support it? many thanks in advance, Alistair

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: home office online application regarding child under 18

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:15 pm

Just tick and proceed. Explain the situation in the cover letter and provide the same document as your provided before. You will be okay.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

alistairmorris
Newly Registered

Post by alistairmorris » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:11 pm

Hi, and thanks for the swift reply, its appreciated, cover letter!! hand written and scanned? or put in the other info part at the end of child application, sorry to ask but asking home office can be filled with ambiguity :-) many thanks again

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:15 pm

I think it would be best to write a separate letter explaining the facts, as it seems it's an important piece of information. Load with your other documents. You could also put a reference to the question and your letter in the freeform box at the end.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:08 pm

Read from Page 34 (Parental arrangements) onwards of Registration as British citizen: children caseworker guidance to see how a caseworker would assess your case.

In particular, read the section on "the parent's consent" from Page 38 onwards.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

alistairmorris
Newly Registered

Post by alistairmorris » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:32 pm

many thanks for that, I will supply everything to support the applications!! all the best

alistairmorris
Newly Registered

Post by alistairmorris » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:57 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:08 pm
Read from Page 34 (Parental arrangements) onwards of Registration as British citizen: children caseworker guidance to see how a caseworker would assess your case.

In particular, read the section on "the parent's consent" from Page 38 onwards.
Excellent simon, all the boxes need to be ticked, and that link was perfect, I think we have it all covered, and have all evidence prior to them arriving in UK regarding abandoning child and since!! many thanks