ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

testinguk2010
India

MN1 query

Post by testinguk2010 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:07 pm

Good Evening Admin,

Thanks a lot for timely assistance, much appreciated

am filling Mn1 for my child who born 2 years ago in UK. am ILR

am filling the application on my own without taking help from a solicitor

for 2 references, I took references from 2 friends, who are working as IT professions who are working in the software industry. Both are > 25.
for 2 references, I gave like below and given details like address, name etc for 2 it professionsals
how does the referee know the applicant - friends son
how does the referee know the applicant - friends son

I was about to submit my application but last-minute i browsed our forums.
In forums i saw, one should be a professional who engaged with a child in a professional capacity such a teacher, health visiotr, social worker or minister of religion

another should be the second referee must normally be the holder of a British
citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.

is it ok to give references as 2 friends' details or should I search for a solicitor to get for 2nd referee?

because i never joined him in any school as he just 2+. also due to covid pandemic, health visitor recently not approached us. Only option is GP Doctor, where am not sure where they give passport number and address details last 3 years. really concerned

or otheer option is approachig solicitor to sign but again they may say i dont know you...
Kindly help me

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: MN1 query

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:15 pm

See:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

If you fail, also see:
For child applicants at least one of the referees must be a person who has dealt with the child in a professional role such as a teacher, doctor, health visitor or social worker. Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted to do so, you can accept 2 referees who meet the criteria for referees on adult applications.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:19 am

Am bit confused whom to approch?
Will my gp NHS doctor give his passport number and 3 year residence details. I doubt generally he give because like me lot of people approaching with this type of Requests.
I have not joined my son into nursery due to covid pandemic, hence I don't know any teacher
Can I approach local solicitor and get as a referee(not handling application. Anyway am applying on my own)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:24 am

Just write a cover letter and explain. Due to corona, HO can not expect you to chase GP’s and health visitor’s anyways. Your child is very young and HO is not strict with referees in young child’s case. Arrange other referee as per adult criteria.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:41 pm

Many thanks for the suggestion

I have added 2 references of Family friends who are into IT and plan to write the given covering letter as I couldnt get hold of doctor, teacher ( my son not yet joined nursery)

kindly correct me if any mistakes

Unique Application number: XXXXX
Payment Notification number: XXXX
Date of application: xxxxxx
To

UK VISA AND IMMIGRATION
From

Applicant Name: xxxxx
Date of Birth: xxxxx
Address:x xxxxxx
Unique Application number: xxxx
Passport number: xxxx

Dear Sir/madam, Greetings for the day!
Sub: Referee

Hope you are doing well and staying safe!

I would like to bring your kind attention to page 5 of Apply for registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen. In the segment of referee details, I have given 2 referee details out of which one is IT professional (family friend) and another is a friend who is a British citizen of greater than 25 years old.

I have not joined my son into nursery due to pandemic lockdown, hence couldn’t get hold of a teacher to sign.

I have tried GP asking to share the doctor passport number and address details for the reference however they mentioned they can issue a letter but not passport number, dob and address of a doctor. Hence I have got the letter from GP saying that the applicant registered with GP since his birth.

Therefore I have uploaded the scanned copy of the GP reference letter
also i uploaded the scanned copies of 2 references of family friends who are british citizen , greather than 25years old

Thank you and Have a wonderful day ahead,

Yours faithfully,

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:20 pm

Admins,

Kindly review and suggest me whether am in right path?

Many thanks in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:44 pm

testinguk2010 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:41 pm
Many thanks for the suggestion

I have added 2 references of Family friends who are into IT and plan to write the given covering letter as I couldnt get hold of doctor, teacher ( my son not yet joined nursery)

kindly correct me if any mistakes

Unique Application number: XXXXX
Payment Notification number: XXXX
Date of application: xxxxxx
To

UK VISA AND IMMIGRATION
From

Applicant Name: xxxxx
Date of Birth: xxxxx
Address:x xxxxxx
Unique Application number: xxxx
Passport number: xxxx

Dear Sir/madam, Greetings for the day!
Sub: Referee

Hope you are doing well and staying safe!

I would like to bring your kind attention to page 5 of Apply for registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen. In the segment of referee details, I have given 2 referee details out of which one is IT professional (family friend) and another is a friend who is a British citizen of greater than 25 years old.

I have not joined my son into nursery due to pandemic lockdown, hence couldn’t get hold of a teacher to sign.

I have tried GP asking to share the doctor passport number and address details for the reference however they mentioned they can issue a letter but not passport number, dob and address of a doctor. Hence I have got the letter from GP saying that the applicant registered with GP since his birth.

Therefore I have uploaded the scanned copy of the GP reference letter
also i uploaded the scanned copies of 2 references of family friends who are british citizen , greather than 25years old

Thank you and Have a wonderful day ahead,

Yours faithfully,
👍

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:11 pm

Thanks,

regarding refere1, I know a friend who is working as a pharmacist working in a hospital (central london) and knows my family where we approached regarding medicines earlier. He is a registered pharmacist.

Can i take his signature as a referee 1 for the given condition
where the applicant is a child applying, one referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.

parallely i will attach GP letter saying that my son registered with the GP since born 2018

Kindly advice

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:42 pm

Yes you can. You are overthinking this though. Do not make things complicated. Stick to one thing either or. If you have a pharmacist who knows the child in a professional capacity, just provide his details and get his sign, then no need to write a cover letter and all that.
OR just stick to what you have arranged as stated previously.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:18 am

Unfortunately the pharmacist is not a British citizen. so am back to square 1

I'm having 2 signature of friends who are working in IT out of which one is company director and more than 25 years old, British citizens. they are very close to my family and know my child since born.

apart from this i will attach GP letter also stating when my son with GP with our address proof.

shall i just avoid writing covering letter aswell? ,
i think inncessarily showing mistake that we are not covering teacher, healthvisiotr and doctor criteria though the reality is honestly i attempted all of them and mails with me
almost one week i have been trying seriously though the applicaiton is ready a week ago.

so just keeping 2 available referee names and avoid covering letter is suffice at that time?
if any query comes from HO later , i can show the proof of GP and health visitor that i had email request and attempting to reach them.

Note : teacher option is ruled out as he is just 2.5 years odl and yet to jo in him nursery
healthvisitor - not picking calls and going to voice mail. sent email aswell
GP verbally told me they dont give passport numbers and date of births where as i have sent written email aswell and that email with me

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:49 am

You are overthinking. I have already given my opinion, choice is yours what to follow now.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:13 pm

many thanks, much appreciated.

I filled the MN1 APPLIATION ON my OWN for my child (2.5 years) without any solicitor help.
in the last page when i was about to submit in the declaration page it asks applicant or representaive selection

which one to select am the applicant or representative eof the applicant, i guess it is applicant
here are 2 questions below

I confirm that:
(Required)

I am the applicant

I am a representative of the applicant and have been authorized to act on their behalf and have discussed and confirmed the contents of this application with them

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:17 pm

Applicant.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:17 pm

"I am the applicant"
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:59 pm

sorry there was a mismatch, you have mentioned am the applicant
but in another thread it says iam the representative of the child as child cannot be

in one of the somebody posts in our form, it says representative of the applicant

see below please and kindly clarity

Re: MN1 Online form Clarification - Help
by bnagdev282 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:10 pm
Hi , I a simple question . While filling in the declaration section in the online form for my son(5 year old) it asks :
1. I am the applicant or
2. I am a representative of the applicant and have been authorised to act on their behalf and have discussed and confirmed the contents of this application with them

Just wanted to check if i should select 2 but wanted to clarify that I am not his solicitor but as a parent acting on his behalf so bit confused

Thanks
*************************************************************************************************
kalven wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:10 am
May I know what have selected finally?

I am Applicant or

on-behalf?
For MN1, fairly obvious that the applicant is the child and the parent is applying on behalf of the child!!

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:01 am

in one the question and anwer in our forum says on behalf of the client, hence am confused

kalven wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:51 pm
Hi Thank you responding.

I am still not able to figure which option should I select. So I should Select "I am applying on behalf of the applicant" is that correct. Sorry just wanted to make sure.
Yes

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:06 am

Yes I did mention that once. But I have learnt now, it should be the applicant. HO knows you are applying on behalf of the child. Also, either option you choose will not impact the case anyways.

The old comment you quoted was based as per my understanding with the paper form. As the paper form let choose the relationship with the representative as far as I remember. But ignore it.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:17 am

Excellent Cullinan you are great. Thanks for the swift response
so kind of you

sure i will select as an applicant which is more meaningful for online Mn1 application

i thought of applying before 12pm, thought, it falls on friday 18th date of application.
however because of the confusion last minute with previous posts . hence couldn't complete before 12. now it crossed 12..fall on Saturday...

now i have time till sunday :)

Many thanks again from the bottom of the heart for the excellent support and swift response.
Have a wonderful weekend ahead

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:32 am

i thought of applying before 12pm, thought, it falls on friday 18th date of application.
however because of the confusion last minute with previous posts . hence couldn't complete before 12. now it crossed 12..fall on Saturday...
Why does the date of application matter? Any particular reason? Religious friday?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:00 am

munisekhartelagam wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:47 am
Kindly help for the below query, posting on behalf of cousin

I have filled the MN1 APPLIATION ON my OWN for my child (2.5 years who born in UK) without any solicitor help.

in the last page when i was about to submit in the declaration page it asks applicant or representaive

which one to select

I am the applicant or representative of the applicant, i guess it is applicant
here are 2 questions below

I confirm that:
(Required)

I am the applicant

I am a representative of the applicant and have been authorized to act on their behalf and have discussed and confirmed the contents of this application with them

Please do not post your questions onto someone else’s thread. The answer is already provided in user’s thread.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:53 am

Good Morning Cullinan,

the reason I was thinking for 18th December to fill the application was atleast we can save 2 days (weekend) rather the working day starts on 21st December as we know the HO will process as per the order of the dates.

Regarding the referees am adding 2 referees
referee 1: How does the referee belong to the applicant: Family friend
referee 2: How does the referee belong to the applicant: Friend son

referee1. a famiy friend who is a IT director of a company registered professional body who is a British citizen known our family since 5 years and more than 25 years old
referee 2 : a friend who is an Accountant (his mai id also xxxx@xxxaccountants.co.uk who is a British citizen known our family sicne 5 years and having more than 25 years old

Does this 2 is suffice as per guidelines by HO? am not writing any covering letter

I also have letter from GP stating that my son with GP registered since 2.5 years. will upload this aswell

Note : unfortunately I couldn't get hod of the teacher (as not joined the nursery as he is jut 2.5), health visitor (no one is picking calls). Doctor not giving passport number and address, dob etc. But I got GP letter stating that my son belongs to GP.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:18 pm

Good Afternoon Admins,

Kindly assist me, iam about to submit the application as past week am struggling especially around referees. today i would like to close all uncertainties and full stop for this.

Regarding the referees am adding 2 referees for my 2,5 years old
Referee 1: How does the referee belong to the applicant: Family friend
Referee 2: How does the referee belong to the applicant: Friend son

referee1. a family friend who is a IT director of a company registered professional body who is a British citizen known our family since 5 years and more than 25 years old
referee 2: a friend who is an Accountant (his mail id also xxxx@xxxaccountants.co.uk who is a British citizen known our family since 5 years and having more than 25 years old

Does these 2 suffices as per guidelines by HO? am not writing any covering letter

I also have a letter from GP stating that my son with GP registered for 2.5 years. will upload this as well

Note : Reason for the above 2 referres : unfortunately I couldn't get hold of the teacher (my kid joined the nursery as he is just 2.5), health visitor (no one is picking calls). Doctor not giving passport number and address, dob, etc. But I got GP letter stating that my son belongs to GP. Hence am adding above referres1

srsw

Post by srsw » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:52 pm

testinguk2010 wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:18 pm
Good Afternoon Admins,

Kindly assist me, iam about to submit the application as past week am struggling especially around referees. today i would like to close all uncertainties and full stop for this.

Regarding the referees am adding 2 referees for my 2,5 years old
Referee 1: How does the referee belong to know the applicant: Family friend
Referee 2: How does the referee belong to know the applicant: Friend's son

referee1. a family friend who is a IT director of a company registered professional body who is a British citizen known our family since 5 years and more than 25 years old
referee 2: a friend who is an Accountant (his mail id also xxxx@xxxaccountants.co.uk who is a British citizen known our family since 5 years and having more than 25 years old

Does these 2 suffices as per guidelines by HO? am not writing any covering letter. Best to write a cover letter just to cover all bases. A simple letter to say what you mentioned in the note below.

I also have a letter from GP stating that my son with GP registered for 2.5 years. will upload this as well

Note : Reason for the above 2 referres : unfortunately I couldn't get hold of the teacher (my kid joined the nursery as he is just 2.5), health visitor (no one is picking calls). Doctor not giving passport number and address, dob, etc. But I got GP letter stating that my son belongs to GP. Hence am adding above referres1
Couldn't get hold of the teacher -- doesn't sound like a good reason. You do go and pick/drop your kid off at nursery I'd imagine, so I'm not sure if it's a good reason. You may want to rewrite this or try harder before giving up on teacher reference.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:09 pm

Many thanks

1. For referee 2, do i mention friend's son or CLIENT son.
because the referee is a professional accountant cum friend where i know since more than 3 years.
sometimes i do consult him for taking suggestion on accounts/tax related

i can mention friend son to avoid any complexity or ambiguity. no issues for me
please suggest which is the BEST

for 1st referee, i have added family friend son. He is also friend of mine and known since more than 5 years. referee 1 is a IT director of a company professional body. am keeping as it is like family friend son.

2. regarding nursery, i have not joined my son into the nursery as he just 2.5 years old and that too because of pandemic i didnt join him

srsw

Post by srsw » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:52 pm

In the declaration this is mentioned "Where the applicant is a child applying, one referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion." so I'm not sure Accountant as a professional referee will meet this criteria. Other senior members/moderators can correct me if I'm wrong.

On that basis, you could just mention as Friend's son.

If your son hasn't joined nursery yet, then you just need to mention the same and say you tried GP, health visitor and only after failing you got the two referees + the letter from the GP. It should be OK.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.