ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (LR) application date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iwant_to_wear_a_mask
Newly Registered
Aruba

Set (LR) application date

Post by iwant_to_wear_a_mask » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:14 am

Apologies if this has already been covered here, but I have travel plans in the second half of 2021 (optimistic, I know!) and wanted to get my ILR BRP as soon as possible.

I arrived to the UK on 25 Feb 2011, so it seems that I will be eligible to apply on 25 Feb 2021 minus 28 days, which is 28 Jan 2021. The date of application is the date when I pay the application fee online, is that right? I understand that I need to be eligible on the day of the decision.

My question is: will it be ok to apply now and book my biometrics appointment on the earliest day after 28 Jan 2021?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Set (LR) application date

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:15 am

For SET(LR) it is advisable (on the safe side) to book biometrics only when you complete 10 years lawful residence. You can apply 10 years minus 28 days though. Biometrics are running at a 28days lag these days anyways.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.