ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residence for non eu national married to British citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

water_tank1
Ireland

Permanent residence for non eu national married to British citizen

Post by water_tank1 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:59 pm

Hi All,

I got thinking today regarding permanent residence applications for Non eu nationals married to british citizens.

Since we have to swap our stamp 4 eufam IRP from 1st January or whenever it goes live, we will no longer be in the EU.

When it comes to someonw applying for permanent residence 6 months before the 5 years are up, will we be using EUTR form 3 to apply or will they have us fill in a different form to fill out?

Anyone have any ideas on this?

AAP1977
Ireland

Re: Permanent residence for non eu national married to British citizen

Post by AAP1977 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:06 pm

No one knows mate, no one.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:28 pm

water_tank1 ,

Can you believe I have the same thing in mind? I am British and my non-eu mum is due to apply for a PR in the new year.

I have already emailed EU Treaty rights few days ago and will updat you if they reply.

I presume they will either update the EU3 form to include UK Citizens (those who are protected by Withdrawal Agreement) or introduce a new scheme under Withdrawal Agreement protection. I reckon the process should be similar to renewing EU3 application.

By the way, you may want to apply for a Withdrawal Agreement Beneficiary Card for yourself in the new year. The information can be accessed here: http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages//UK-wi ... in-Ireland

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:40 pm

NEWS!!!!!!

water_tank1,

My predictions has come true. Here is the answer for your question:

Q 6. I am currently the holder of a Stamp 4 EUFam Residence Card which is due to expire in late 2021. Will I be able to apply to apply for a permanent residence card next year?

Yes. You will be eligible to apply for a permanent residence card using Form EU3. Your application will be considered in accordance with the Free Movement of Persons Regulations 2015 and the entitlements guaranteed under the Citizens Rights element of the Withdrawal Agreement.
If your application is successful, you will receive a Stamp 4 Residence permission in the State instead of a Stamp 4 EUFam permission as the free movement element will no longer apply after 31 December 2020.

INIS has just updated the FAQs:

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Impact-of-Br ... -FAQ's.pdf

Happy days!!

water_tank1
Ireland

Post by water_tank1 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:40 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:40 pm
NEWS!!!!!!

water_tank1,

My predictions has come true. Here is the answer for your question:

Q 6. I am currently the holder of a Stamp 4 EUFam Residence Card which is due to expire in late 2021. Will I be able to apply to apply for a permanent residence card next year?

Yes. You will be eligible to apply for a permanent residence card using Form EU3. Your application will be considered in accordance with the Free Movement of Persons Regulations 2015 and the entitlements guaranteed under the Citizens Rights element of the Withdrawal Agreement.
If your application is successful, you will receive a Stamp 4 Residence permission in the State instead of a Stamp 4 EUFam permission as the free movement element will no longer apply after 31 December 2020.

INIS has just updated the FAQs:

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Impact-of-Br ... -FAQ's.pdf

Happy days!!
Fabulous, thanks very much Raja.brit