ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reapplication

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ssg0
Newly Registered

Reapplication

Post by ssg0 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:58 pm

Hi,

How soon after a rejection can a new application be sent?

Cheers !

justice122

Re: Reapplication

Post by justice122 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:08 pm

ssg0 wrote:Hi,

How soon after a rejection can a new application be sent?

Cheers !
could u plz share your timelines, if u dnt mind and also what docs they didnt see which were in the pack u sent them with ur case. when was last time u called them and wht was the answer they gave u? please reply.

as far as your question, there is currently no time limit as to when u can apply after it has been returned. u can apply straight away if everything is in order & u meet the present requirements. i recon u shuld first of all complaint about this first and then see wht the outcome is......
Last edited by justice122 on Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

ssg0
Newly Registered

Post by ssg0 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:34 am

My timeline was as follows

Application sent June 23rd
Reference number sent twice - once on 27th on June
Another letter with the same reference number sent on 2 or 3rd of July
Called the HO in the first week of September - I was told that applications of the week of 30th June were being considered and I can assume application is in process
Received decision on the 18th of September

I had included wage slips as provided by my company in India on stamped plain paper along with a covering letter on company letterhead endorsing the wage slips.
These were not considered and the application was rejected on grounds that earnings for 12 month period are not shown.

Absolutely outrageous !! And there is nowhere to complain about this.

justice122

Post by justice122 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:13 am

try this link and see if it helps...........

http://ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/contact/co ... omplaints/

i think the reason they didnt give you points for earnings is that u supplied the wageslips on a plain piece of paper without any company logo. even thaugh they were stampoed and signed by employer still they didnt has a company logo on top , thats the only reason i can think of. as far as i know this is mentioned in the guidance. perhaps some senior members can help on this. the only thing i cant uderstand is if this was the case, they should have mentioned that in ur letter and also shouldnt have kept ur docs for sooo long as most of the people who applied around the time u, did recieve there docs in last week of AUG.

lets see wht other members got to say on this!
ssg0 wrote:My timeline was as follows

Application sent June 23rd
Reference number sent twice - once on 27th on June
Another letter with the same reference number sent on 2 or 3rd of July
Called the HO in the first week of September - I was told that applications of the week of 30th June were being considered and I can assume application is in process
Received decision on the 18th of September

I had included wage slips as provided by my company in India on stamped plain paper along with a covering letter on company letterhead endorsing the wage slips.
These were not considered and the application was rejected on grounds that earnings for 12 month period are not shown.

Absolutely outrageous !! And there is nowhere to complain about this.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:25 pm

ssg0 wrote:I had included wage slips as provided by my company in India on stamped plain paper along with a covering letter on company letterhead endorsing the wage slips.
Were the wage slips only stamped or were they signed and stamped? If former, then UKBA is not at fault in rejecting your application. Cover letter endorsing wageslips is of no use and has no relevance.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ssg0
Newly Registered

Post by ssg0 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:39 am

The payslips were signed and stamped. The signature was on the stamped area of the paper. Not sure whether that made any difference. But if it were to be unacceptable to them then it should have been mentioned in the comments as that. Instead the comments say ..

--- Quote ---
You claimed you have earned GBP xxxxx in the past 12 months but no points have been awarded as you have only provided wage slips between <date> to <date> which total at yyyyy but have not provided any for the rest of the previous 12 months
-- Unquote--

Now I had provided wage slips for both my UK earnings and my earnings in India. It seems that the case worker seems to not even acknowledge the fact that people in India can earn money ... :)

What is the meaning of "... not provided _any_ for the rest ... " ??!! To me the use of the words "... not provided any ..." does not mean "... your wage slips are not acceptable because of so and so reason ... "

It seems that the case worker has not even bothered to look at what I had sent. She thinks it is a fun job. Hello ! These are people's lives on the line. IT IS NOT A FUN JOB ... DAMN IT !!!

Also it is interesting to look at my timeline. There is a gap of almost 3 months (just 5 days short) from when I had sent my application and when I received my response. Probably to ensure that I do not immediatly reapply with the same documents. Now it is necessary for me to collect an entirely new set of documents to apply again.

ssg0
Newly Registered

Post by ssg0 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:22 am

I am sorry, but since an opinion on the propriety of displaying emotions in a public forum was expressed within the discussion thread itself, I presume equal right to present some of my thoughts on the issue; again within the same thread !

I beg to differ from the opinion expressed. The fact that it is a 'public' forum; as long as the use of language is not obscene (by current social standards) and the content does not hurt collective/ community beliefs/ sentiments (again based on current social standards) display of passion (of any kind) is perfectly in place. Sometimes there is no better way of emphatically asserting things than with a slight bit of slang and swear :)Do we all not accept the vulgur (almost cult like) display of passion by sports fans on streets during key matches?
Members of the public (in this case the readers) may rather choose not to attend to such expressions.

The responsibility to set standards and the decision to take corrective action, if so decided, ofcourse lies with the owners of the forum and which should be dealt with preferrably outside of the discussion thread itself.