ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Very worried for My brother who is due to bring his tai wife to uk

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lindsay_1000
Newly Registered

Very worried for My brother who is due to bring his tai wife to uk

Post by lindsay_1000 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:38 pm

Hi everyone I really need some help from anyone who maybe be able to offer it.

My brother is in the process of bringing his tai wife to uk my brother suffers from severe depression although he is fine now. me as his sister and all his other immediate are very worried for his mental health he has tried taking his life before which is why we are even more worried. We have heard that his tai wifes intention is to use him so she can ge her papers and leave we believe this will really push him to the edge something we as a family are really trying to avoid as we will be the ones picking up the pieces. We relayed out concerns to him but he wont take it but he has accepted that he takes his precautions not be be fully trusting In her and keep a open mind, ideally for us as a family we would like him to realize that this woman is using him then he can leave her before she gets her papers as long as she doesn’t get passport to stay in uk which would really hurt him.

My main question is How does the process work in a nutshell once he brings her how long before she gets indefinite remain to leave? Etc and what can we do as a family to help him take his time without doing the papers quickly so he can see for his own eyes and takes is time?
Is there a type of visa for example where she wont have indefinant remain for example 2 or 3 years so we use this period to prove to him of her intentions? Because from what I heard she is not willing to wait long time for the papers to be sorted or is it totally a lost cause once he brings her here?

Please any help would be appreciated

yomishu
Mood:
India

Re: Very worried for My brother who is due to bring his tai wife to uk

Post by yomishu » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:44 pm

My understanding is that if your brother is a UK citizen

His wife will get Indefinite leave to remain and then she can apply for British passport immediately after she gets her Indefinite leave to remain

lindsay_1000
Newly Registered

Post by lindsay_1000 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:51 pm

yomishu wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:44 pm
My understanding is that if your brother is a UK citizen

His wife will get Indefinite leave to remain and then she can apply for British passport immediately after she gets her Indefinite leave to remain
Yes he is he was born here. im aware she will get indefinite leave to remain but not sure on the time scale and if its possible to delay it if its allowed ofcourse like for example if it gives you 3 years time limit to get ILTR we as a family would prefer him to do it at the last moment and take him time as long as the law allows it.

mashayekh_hosein

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:08 pm

Well, firstly, No one in this forum can comment on the personal issues you have raised.

But in terms of your immigration query, as your brother is a British Citizen, he can bring his wife to the UK on Spouse visa with an application on FLR(M) which would grant her an initial visa of 2.5 years, which then would be extendable for another 2.5 years. After 5 years on the spouse visa, if they remain married and live together in the same property, she will be able to apply for ILR. Once she received her ILR, she will then immediately will be able to apply for British Citizenship. The wife of a British Citizen does not need to wait the usual 1 year after ILR to apply for British Citizenship and can do so straightaway.

So in a nutshell, according to the information you have provide, it will be 5 years before she can apply for ILR.

Note that there are certain rules regarding salary, English test, proof of cohabitation for 5 years, etc. to get a spouse visa and ILR.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:41 pm

lindsay_1000 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:38 pm

My brother is in the process of bringing his tai wife to uk my brother suffers from severe depression although he is fine now. me as his sister and all his other immediate are very worried for his mental health he has tried taking his life before which is why we are even more worried. We have heard that his tai wifes intention is to use him so she can ge her papers and leave we believe this will really push him to the edge something we as a family are really trying to avoid as we will be the ones picking up the pieces. We relayed out concerns to him but he wont take it but he has accepted that he takes his precautions not be be fully trusting In her and keep a open mind, ideally for us as a family we would like him to realize that this woman is using him then he can leave her before she gets her papers as long as she doesn’t get passport to stay in uk which would really hurt him.

My main question is How does the process work in a nutshell once he brings her how long before she gets indefinite remain to leave? 5years ...it will be 2.5 years in 2 application to get ILR. tc and what can we do as a family to help him take his time without doing the papers quickly so he can see for his own eyes and takes is time?
Is there a type of visa for example where she wont have indefinant remain for example 2 or 3 years so we use this period to prove to him of her intentions? Is your brother working and meeting the £18,600 income requirements or savings of £62,500?
highlight=yellow]On spouse visa route she needs 5years stay in UK to get ILR.[/highlight] Because from what I heard she is not willing to wait long time for the papers to be sorted or is it totally a lost cause once he brings her here?

lindsay_1000
Newly Registered

Post by lindsay_1000 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:40 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:41 pm
lindsay_1000 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:38 pm

My main question is How does the process work in a nutshell once he brings her how long before she gets indefinite remain to leave? 5years ...it will be 2.5 years in 2 application to get ILR. tc and what can we do as a family to help him take his time without doing the papers quickly so he can see for his own eyes and takes is time?
Is there a type of visa for example where she wont have indefinant remain for example 2 or 3 years so we use this period to prove to him of her intentions? Is your brother working and meeting the £18,600 income requirements or savings of £62,500?
highlight=yellow]On spouse visa route she needs 5years stay in UK to get ILR.[/highlight] Because from what I heard she is not willing to wait long time for the papers to be sorted or is it totally a lost cause once he brings her here?

Yes my brother earns more then 20,00 so he should be able to do the applications fine

arjay

Post by arjay » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:17 pm

As mentioned on the other forum you posted on, his Thai wife would need to pass the English exam A1 and a medical and TB X-ray, to get here in the first place, along with application fees and IHS (NHS) surcharge.

Then after 2.5 years in the UK she would have to apply for FLR(M), for a further 2.5 years, which requires her to pass a further English exam at A2 level. Then after 5 years pass an English exam at B1 and the Life in the UK test, before she would be granted ILR (settlement). The initial entry, the FLR and ILR all involve visa fees and the initial entry and FLR involves IHS (NHS) fees, as well as meeting the income requirements.

Once in the UK she would have a stronger hand in terms of being entitled to financial support from her husband if anything went wrong with their relationship. Though if they split up, she would have to find an alternative route to settlement to satisfy the Home Office requirements, as she would no longer satisfy the spouse visa requirements.