ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3-6 points on my driving license after Naturalisation approval

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

naruto
Malta

3-6 points on my driving license after Naturalisation approval

Post by naruto » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:14 pm

Dear all respected members can you please advise me it’s very urgent.

I was approved on October 2020 for naturalisation and I’ve been waiting for my invitation letter to attend the citizenship ceremony.

However I was stopped by police for having extra passengers 7 people in 5 seater car due to some extenuating circumstances.

The police told me I will receive a postal procedure which will lead into getting points on my license and to pay a fine.

I have informed the Home Office about this however I’ve been asking on an update regarding my invitation letter arrival and I received this response from the Home Office....

Dear Mr *****,

“Thank you for your email, your application was approved on 23rd October 2020, however you have informed us on 07th December 2020, that you was stopped by the Police for a driving offence, as a result the invitation letter and certificate were put on hold, until we know the outcome of the driving offence. Therefore if you have heard back from the police, please let us know what was the outcome”.

my question is the outcome of this offence is 3 to 6 points on my license plus a fine would that lead to a refusal after I even got approved or with the Home Office except my application and send the invitation letter after I let them know about the outcome of the offence.

Can you please advise with any information that can help me.

Best Regards
Last edited by naruto on Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LaDolceVita

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: 3-6 oints on my driving license after Naturalisation approval

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:18 pm

Just pay the FPN asap you receive it. If the matter is resolved with FPN alone it will not impact your case. Pay the FPN and accept the points. Notify HO then.

If your case is taken to court or escalates to court and you are fined/given points by court, your AN application maybe refused for next 3 years as you will end up with a criminal conviction then.

A FPN alone is NOT a criminal conviction. Hope the matter is solved at FPN stage.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

naruto
Malta

Re: 3-6 oints on my driving license after Naturalisation approval

Post by naruto » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:39 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:18 pm
Just pay the FPN asap you receive it. If the matter is resolved with FPN alone it will not impact your case. Pay the FPN and accept the points. Notify HO then.

If your case is taken to court or escalates to court and you are fined/given points by court, your AN application maybe refused for next 3 years as you will end up with a criminal conviction then.

A FPN alone is NOT a criminal conviction. Hope the matter is solved at FPN stage.

Thank you for your quick response. Much appreciated the thing is I didn’t receive FPN I’ve received something else....

I received through the post a “ single justice procedure to have been charged with motoring offence and I can’t challenge or deny it as I did have 7 people in a 5 seater so it won’t be a matter of FPN I’ve told my solicitor to accept it and he said I’m liking at 3-6 points and a fine to pay!

Do you think once I get the outcome of this I should write a cover letter of this extenuating circumstances I already inform the Home Office as I don’t want to be done for deception or dishonesty which will lead to a 10 years band from citizenship.

I’m really disappointed that this happened to me I’ve waited 3 months for my invitation letter and this happened!!!

Thanks again for your response.
LaDolceVita

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: 3-6 points on my driving license after Naturalisation approval

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:44 pm

If you received a SJPN things are different unfortunately:
A Single Justice Procedure Notice (SJPN) is a process used by most Police Forces to commence Court proceedings for motoring offences. You should receive an SJPN within 6 months of the commission of an offence. Single Justice Procedure Notices came into force in 2015 under the Criminal Justice and Courts Act 2015 and deal with summary-only, none imprisonable offences.

The assumption is that most cases will be resolved by a guilty plea without a formal hearing. Together with the Criminal Justice Simple, Speedy, Summary (CJSSS) program, they are designed to improve the efficiency of the Magistrates’ Court and reduce the number of hearings, supposedly improving overall efficiency and providing a more convenient and prompt conclusion for the motorist.

The SJPN should explain the offence that you face and outline the options available to you, which are:

Plead guilty
Plead not guilty
Request a court hearing.
SJPN hearings are taken place “behind closed doors” and normally within 21 days from the posting of the notice. You will not be given the date of the ‘hearing’ and the court will write to you with the result of the hearing.
SJPN will most likely result in a criminal conviction. Once you have the outcome, the best bet would be to request HO to be lenient as you have no other criminal convictions.

Assuming you have a good character, HO maybe apply discretion.

All the best and sorry to hear!

Hope you get away with it!!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

naruto
Malta

Post by naruto » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:09 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:44 pm
If you received a SJPN things are different unfortunately:
A Single Justice Procedure Notice (SJPN) is a process used by most Police Forces to commence Court proceedings for motoring offences. You should receive an SJPN within 6 months of the commission of an offence. Single Justice Procedure Notices came into force in 2015 under the Criminal Justice and Courts Act 2015 and deal with summary-only, none imprisonable offences.

The assumption is that most cases will be resolved by a guilty plea without a formal hearing. Together with the Criminal Justice Simple, Speedy, Summary (CJSSS) program, they are designed to improve the efficiency of the Magistrates’ Court and reduce the number of hearings, supposedly improving overall efficiency and providing a more convenient and prompt conclusion for the motorist.

The SJPN should explain the offence that you face and outline the options available to you, which are:

Plead guilty
Plead not guilty
Request a court hearing.
SJPN hearings are taken place “behind closed doors” and normally within 21 days from the posting of the notice. You will not be given the date of the ‘hearing’ and the court will write to you with the result of the hearing.
SJPN will most likely result in a criminal conviction. Once you have the outcome, the best bet would be to request HO to be lenient as you have no other criminal convictions.

Assuming you have a good character, HO maybe apply discretion.

All the best and sorry to hear!

Hope you get away with it!!

Thank you for all the help and information Cullinan, I’m not gonna stress anymore it is what it is!!

I did my best to avoid something like this to happen and the pandemic didn’t really help!!

Thank you again and I hope they will reconsider it.

I’ve been honest with them as I did declare ASAP.

Fingers crossed 🤞
LaDolceVita

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:23 pm

I would suggest if the outcome is not favourable, do your best to write a cover letter and explain all the positives in your character.

Just one incident of this sort does not make one of bad character (although the guidance says non-custodial fine MAY (Note:not necessarily) result in application being refused for 3 years).

However, the guidance also asks to look into positive character.

Also, given the pandemic and all the delays caused due to it, this just pushed your ceremony forward. Had your ceremony been earlier on in normal circumstances, this situation would be a lot different.

I am pretty hopeful they will consider the whole situation and not just refuse on this one incident (even if this goes against your good character). Hopefully discretion will be applied and your application will not be affected.

All the best and keep us posted with the outcome please.

Good luck.

naruto
Malta

Post by naruto » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:49 pm

Dear cullinan,

I have drafted a letter to my caseworker and I would like to ask your opinion please.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I’m writing to you in connection to my naturalisation Application which was approved on the 23rd of October 2020.

On the 7th of December 2020 I lamentably informed the Home Office of a motoring offence. I had received a single postal procedure from the Metropolitan Police after my Naturalisation approval, requesting that I plead either guilty or not guilty for the offence of having extra passengers in my car.

I would like to inform you that I pleaded guilty to the offence and subsequently my drivers licence will be endorsed with the requisite penalty points and a fine.

I would like to explain the events surrounding this unfortunate incident. I was in Hyde Park doing my regular exercise routine when I came across some friends. Most distressingly one of my friends had blacked out and collapsed. As you will understand my immediate concern was for the wellbeing of my friend. Immediately I attempted to call a hospital however due to the high number of COVID patients and with the NHS under severe pressure, the hospital was reluctant to take her there. Consequently we felt it would be best if we were to take my friend to a nearby apartment (which would take no more than 5 minutes to reach) whilst calling the paramedics to arrange for help/assistance. We felt it would be better for her to be treated by a paramedic at home rather than in public park with countless people surrounding her. I felt this may not be in her or others best interests due to the extenuating circumstances at the present time.

I am remorseful for my actions and I did not try to deny the motoring offence. I was honestly trying to act with my friend’s welfare and best interests at heart, but I do apologise for my actions.

I’ve held a clean driving licence since 2007. For nearly 14 years I’ve never had any endorsements, nor convictions. I have always driven carefully and obeyed the rules & regulations. I do sincerely regret that this situation has happened.

I received the offence after my approval date, due to the pandemic and the current situation, this has led to a long delay for me to attend the citizenship ceremony and receive the invitation letter.

I have never had any criminal convictions and I do not have a criminal record. I have been living in the U.K. for nearly 20 years. I have and will always be a law-abiding and respectful citizen.

I studied at the University of Huddersfield and graduated with BA Hons in Business and I have an MSc in International business management from Manchester Metropolitan University. I have been establishing my dream career by moving to London and working hard to obtain experience and follow my dreams.

I really hope you will consider the above and once again I wish to express my sincere apologies for this situation.

I am more than happy to answer any questions or discuss any concerns you may have. I appreciate your assistance with this matter and I hope to hear from you soon.

Yours Faithfully,
LaDolceVita

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:58 pm

Your cover letter is good.

You should wait first to receive the outcome. As you are unsure of what the outcome will be? You should send in the cover letter at the time you notify them about the outcome.

Also, do you have any evidence for calling the paramedics/hospital? Any call logs?

Can you provide some kind of proof from your friend? Like a signed statement? Any proof paramedics visited her at home that day?

Was your friend blacked out when police stopped you? Did you inform them the same reasoning?

Why did you plead guilty? You should have fought the case in person in court - should have gone for a hearing?

That would be a great evidence to provide to back up your reasoning.

naruto
Malta

Post by naruto » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:05 pm

I’ve not received the outcome yet but it’s clear on the signal post procedure it say 6 points and a fine.

By the time I’ve parked the car the police seen me trying to help my friend out of the car and Pouring some water on her face and then she started waking up I can get a statement from my friends yes that’s not a problem however when she woke up we didn’t really recall the paramedic but we were thinking to call the paramedics she woke up and then we gave her some sugar like some sugary stuff to do you know to help her out to feel comfortable and then we just do my friends got her into the apartment and I was dealing with the police outside.

I was going to challenge this offence however my solicitor advise me that I will be found guilty in court because it’s three police officers word against mine so I just plead guilty and I I just want this to to be concluded as I have travel plans because of my mother is not well back home so I needed to sort it out before I go.
LaDolceVita

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:10 pm

To be honest, without evidence, the reasoning does not sound very strong. But, obviously it is up to the CW to make a decision.

You MUST wait till you get an outcome i.e. the date of conviction. For now, you do not have any fine or points endorsed.

Your application will be put on hold till you provide official proof of the outcome.

You are free to travel on ILR before you attend the ceremony. Ceremony can be attended within 6 months (due to corona) after the invitation is sent.

naruto
Malta

Post by naruto » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:43 pm

I understand I’m not sending this yet until I get the outcome.

And I’ll travel by end of this month. I just thought I’d share my letter with you to get any sort of knowledge to add anything to my letter and in the end I’ve done the right thing by informing the hole office because I’ve got my approval on 23 of October and I’ve received the offence on first week of November 2020 I just had to consult a solicitor weather to challenge it or not.

However it happened and I can’t change the fact that it happened I’d rather be honest then risking not declaring it however the outcome should be sent to me pretty soon so let’s see how it goes

Thank you again for your help I really appreciate it.
LaDolceVita

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:46 pm

Given you do not have any other convictions, I am hopeful that HO will apply discretion in your case. Good luck.

And I’ll travel by end of this month.
Make sure you do not break the law and get fined again. See travel restrictions during National Lockdown.

naruto
Malta

Post by naruto » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:19 pm

Thank you 🙏🏼 I really hope so too. fingers crossed 🤞
LaDolceVita

naruto
Malta

Post by naruto » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:38 pm

Dear Cullinan,

I hope you are well.

About 2 weeks ago I’ve got the outcome of the driving offence I’ve had 5 points on my license and £53 fine I paid already I’ve informed the caseworker on the same day that I received the outcome of my driving offence along with the cover letter so since the 26-01-2021 still no response or update from the caseworker....

So still on the waiting game and very anxious about it... fingers crossed I guess
LaDolceVita

naruto
Malta

Post by naruto » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:45 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:46 pm
Given you do not have any other convictions, I am hopeful that HO will apply discretion in your case. Good luck.

And I’ll travel by end of this month.
Make sure you do not break the law and get fined again. See travel restrictions during National Lockdown.
Dear Cullinan,

I hope you are well.

About 2 weeks ago I’ve got the outcome of the driving offence I’ve had 5 points on my license and £53 fine I paid already I’ve informed the caseworker on the same day that I received the outcome of my driving offence along with the cover letter so since the 26-01-2021 still no response or update from the caseworker....

So still on the waiting game and very anxious about it... fingers crossed I guess
LaDolceVita

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:36 am

Sorry for all this experience you have had. I think they will apply discretion as you never had any criminal convictions before this incidence. I hope you got your friend to also write to confirm the truth of the circumstance as that could also help. It could have been very good if the paramedics eventually came and you can have a proof from them, that could have settled the whole issue.

Anyway, be positive, fingers crossed, all will be fine for you.
Bizman

naruto
Malta

Post by naruto » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:49 am

bizman wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:36 am
Sorry for all this experience you have had. I think they will apply discretion as you never had any criminal convictions before this incidence. I hope you got your friend to also write to confirm the truth of the circumstance as that could also help. It could have been very good if the paramedics eventually came and you can have a proof from them, that could have settled the whole issue.

Anyway, be positive, fingers crossed, all will be fine for you.

@bizman

Thank you for you response I really appreciated it and I hope they apply discretion on my case fingers crossed 🤞
Regards
LaDolceVita

naruto
Malta

Post by naruto » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:41 pm

ALL PRAISE TO THE MOST HIGH 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

I Just thought I’d share live ye good news with you guys.

Today I’ve received an email from my caseworker saying that my application has been successful etc etc

So they’ve applied discretion on my case even I’ve had 5 penalty points and a fine via court

Alhamduliah I’m so over the moon

Thank you for your support guys and for your motivational spirit

Take care.... now I have to wait again for my invitation letter 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🤞🤞🤞
LaDolceVita

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:14 pm

Congratulations. This is indeed good news. I wish you the best for the rest.
Bizman

naruto
Malta

Post by naruto » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:22 pm

bizman wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:14 pm
Congratulations. This is indeed good news. I wish you the best for the rest.
Thank you dude I really appreciate it 🙏🏼🤞
LaDolceVita

naruto
Malta

Post by naruto » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:45 pm

DEAR ALL RESPECTED MEMBERS.

I have an inquiry if anyone has any idea please.

I have got my naturalisation approval on 23-10-2020. However after that I had a driving offence and went to court got 5 points and £53 fine to pay.

I’ve informed the home office about the offence and they’ve put my invitation letter and certificate on hold as they were waiting for the outcome of the offence.

Furthermore I have received an email yesterday with a new approval dated 02-03-2021. I’m glad and happy they’ve applied discretion as I’ve never had any criminal convictions before.

My question do I have to wait again for 12 weeks or they will send the invitation letter and certificate sooner.

Kind regards
LaDolceVita

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:37 pm

naruto wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:45 pm

I have got my naturalisation approval on 23-10-2020. However after that I had a driving offence and went to court got 5 points and £53 fine to pay.

I’ve informed the home office about the offence and they’ve put my invitation letter and certificate on hold as they were waiting for the outcome of the offence.

Furthermore I have received an email yesterday with a new approval dated 02-03-2021. I’m glad and happy they’ve applied discretion as I’ve never had any criminal convictions before.

My question do I have to wait again for 12 weeks or they will send the invitation letter and certificate sooner.

Kind regards
Mods please delete the attachment as personal details are visible.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:29 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:37 pm
naruto wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:45 pm

Kind regards
Mods please delete the attachment as personal details are visible.
Done.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:33 pm

Your citizenship was approved. I don't know why you felt you had to jump and write to the Home Office to inform them you had some words with the police?