ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependant to ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anyap
Newly Registered
Russia

Tier 2 Dependant to ILR application

Post by anyap » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:54 am

Hello, I'm currently completing my application to switch from Tier 2 Dependant visa to ILR. My husband has already become a UK citizen in 2019 after going through Tier 2 and ILR route.

I would like to confirm some questions about the application from and the documents required:

- Application question: When did you first enter the UK? This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started. I entered the UK for the first time under a Tier 4 Student visa back in 2014, but my first Tier 2 Dependant BRP was issued in January 2016. Which date should I put in the application in this case? The BRP date?

- In the consent letter that my partner and I need to sign, there is a third part, PART 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor. My partner is a British citizen, and I don't have any 3rd party sponsor. Do I need to sign this part or just leave it blank?

- In the list of documents after I completed the form, there are two points: my current BRP, and 'evidence of my immigration status in the UK'. Will my current BRP be enough, or shall I provide copies of all my previous BRPs?

- There is no mention in the list of documents to provide any confirmation of our marriage. I still would like to add it. Will our marriage certificate be sufficient?

- There is no mention of any documents confirming my financial standing in the list of the documents. I'm still going to provide my payslips and bank statements for the last year at least. Will this be enough? Also, will it be enough to provide electronic bank statements, or do I need to have them stamped and signed by the bank? Last time I asked for it in my bank, they told me they don't do it anymore..

- Does my husband need to provide any confirmation of his finances (payslips, bank statements) or the signed confirmation is enough?

- Is there a minimum requirement for the amount of money I need to have on my bank account? In the Skilled Workers (Dependants) - Policy Guidance document it says that I should have '£630 to support myself'. Again, no mention of this in the list of documents or anywhere on the application form. Is this requirement applicable to my situation?

Thank you very much for your help with this!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 Dependant to ILR application

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:54 am

anyap wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:54 am
Hello, I'm currently completing my application to switch from Tier 2 Dependant visa to ILR. My husband has already become a UK citizen in 2019 after going through Tier 2 and ILR route.

I would like to confirm some questions about the application from and the documents required:

- Application question: When did you first enter the UK? This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started. I entered the UK for the first time under a Tier 4 Student visa back in 2014, but my first Tier 2 Dependant BRP was issued in January 2016. Which date should I put in the application in this case? The BRP date?
Jan 2016

- In the consent letter that my partner and I need to sign, there is a third part, PART 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor. My partner is a British citizen, and I don't have any 3rd party sponsor. Do I need to sign this part or just leave it blank?
Leave it blank

- In the list of documents after I completed the form, there are two points: my current BRP, and 'evidence of my immigration status in the UK'. Will my current BRP be enough, or shall I provide copies of all my previous BRPs?
Current BRP fulfils both

- There is no mention in the list of documents to provide any confirmation of our marriage. I still would like to add it. Will our marriage certificate be sufficient?
Yes. Also you need cohabitation documents for last 2 years

- There is no mention of any documents confirming my financial standing in the list of the documents. I'm still going to provide my payslips and bank statements for the last year at least. Will this be enough? Also, will it be enough to provide electronic bank statements, or do I need to have them stamped and signed by the bank? Last time I asked for it in my bank, they told me they don't do it anymore..
You do NOT have any financial requirements. No documents needed
- Does my husband need to provide any confirmation of his finances (payslips, bank statements) or the signed confirmation is enough?
Nothing needed

- Is there a minimum requirement for the amount of money I need to have on my bank account? In the Skilled Workers (Dependants) - Policy Guidance document it says that I should have '£630 to support myself'. Again, no mention of this in the list of documents or anywhere on the application form. Is this requirement applicable to my situation?
No maintenance requirement for ILR

Thank you very much for your help with this!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

anyap
Newly Registered
Russia

Re: Tier 2 Dependant to ILR application

Post by anyap » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:09 pm

Thank you so much for your quick response, Cullinan!