ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pgt2020
Newly Registered
India

Spouse visa

Post by pgt2020 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:15 pm

Hi reputed members of the group,
I had applied for my spouse visa for five year route application but i got granted for ten year route visa. Where as I Ahd already finished my five year in U.K. and I was eligible to apply for Ilr but due to pandemic for some reasons I had to apply for renewal for more five year route but now they granted for ten year route, so can I still apply for ilr or what shall I do? And I Ahd sent my passport for the application still I haven’t received it after four months of applying, what can I do?
Thanks
P

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse visa

Post by TODMATT » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:08 pm

pgt2020 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:15 pm
Hi reputed members of the group,
I had applied for my spouse visa for five year route application but i got granted for ten year route visa. Where as I Ahd already finished my five year in U.K. and I was eligible to apply for Ilr but due to pandemic for some reasons I had to apply for renewal for more five year route but now they granted for ten year route, so can I still apply for ilr or what shall I do? And I Ahd sent my passport for the application still I haven’t received it after four months of applying, what can I do?
Thanks
P
Did you arrive from abroad? or switched inside the UK? Why did you send your passport?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

pgt2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by pgt2020 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:48 pm

I have applied from U.K. only and I have sent passport as it was one of thE mandatory documentS to send.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:04 pm

Nothing is sent to UKVI anymore, no originals at all, and has been the case since November 2018.

You apply online for your visa and scan and digitally upload all your supporting documents on the ukcvas portal.

When was your current visa granted, the exact date?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pgt2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by pgt2020 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:54 pm

Hi i agree all supporting documents we scanned and sent but two mandatory documents brp and passport they messaged to post it. I got letter for that and I got my renewal visa on dec 16,2020. Point is I applied for five year renewal route and they granted ten year route where I am eligible for ilr this year. So can I still apply for ilr and when will I get my pp back?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:22 am

If you were out on the 10 year route, then you likely didn't meet one or more of the requirements for the 5 year route.

What exactly does your approval letter say??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pgt2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by pgt2020 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:55 am

I was on five year route. So I completed my five years in 2020 and I was supposed to apply for ilr and I wasn’t able to clear exam life in the U.K. due to pandemic I applied for renewal again in five year route but they granted me ten year route and it states once I complete ten years Then only can apply for ilr. So can I Get it changed back to five year route rather ten year route as I was already for five year route.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:29 pm

Ukvi only change to 10 year route if :

A. You applied on FLR fp

B. You did not meet the English or financial requirements for FLR M.

This is why I specifically asked what your approval letter states.

You have not stated what form exactly you completed for your most recent application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

pgt2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by pgt2020 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:27 pm

Hi
I have applied for flr (m) and englisha Nd financial requirements were fulfilled. The letter states this :
I am writing to inform you that you have been granted a period of 30 months limited leave to remain on the ten year partner route under paragraphs D- LTRP1.2. of Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules, as we are satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraphs R-LTRP1.1.(a), (b) and (d) of these Rules. You may be eligible to apply for settlement after completing at least 10 years under this route.
For further information please see the relevant rules

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:31 am

This doesn't give the full picture. You need to show the entire contents of the decision letter, omitting personal details, so it can be seen if they stated why they believe you didn't satisfy D-LTRP.1.1.

D-LTRP.1.2. seems to indicate that the financial requirement and/or the English language requirement wasn't met.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:07 pm

pgt2020 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:27 pm
Hi
I have applied for flr (m) and englisha Nd financial requirements were fulfilled. The letter states this :
I am writing to inform you that you have been granted a period of 30 months limited leave to remain on the ten year partner route under paragraphs D- LTRP1.2. of Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules, as we are satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraphs R-LTRP1.1.(a), (b) and (d) of these Rules. You may be eligible to apply for settlement after completing at least 10 years under this route.
For further information please see the relevant rules
Can you share full letter please.? Thank you
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.