ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependant - massive delay.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ivan-s531
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ukraine

Tier 2 dependant - massive delay.

Post by ivan-s531 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:14 pm

Hi

I've applied for IRL in June 2020 and at the same time applied for extension of tier 2 visa for my wife and daughter, cause they hadn't had spent in the UK required 5 years (was 4). My IRL decision (positive) has already came through, but haven't heard anything about dependants extension yet. It's a bit worrying.

1. Do they wait till main applicant is decided before even considering dependants?
2. Is this just COVID delay?
3. Is there any way to figure out what's going on?

Thanks a lot in advance

CharlotteYorkG
Newly Registered
Mood:
Mexico

Re: Tier 2 dependant - massive delay.

Post by CharlotteYorkG » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:30 am

Hello

1. Not sure, although the applications are definitely linked, only a UKVI agent could tell us how they process these applications. My guess is that they see the application, and if it is "pending" on the decision of another, they send it back at the bottom of the queue.
2. According to the people that have contacted them, yes.
3. You can try and call them, but I doubt you are going to receive a different answer to others.

There are a lot of us in the same situation. My husband applied in March, submitted biometrics mid August and got an approval for his ILR application in early November.

Even though we submitted the biometrics one week from each other back in August, I have not yet had an answer to my application. According to the people in this post, the HO has said to expect more than 6 months delays uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/pbs- ... 09397.html

ivan-s531
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ukraine

Re: Tier 2 dependant - massive delay.

Post by ivan-s531 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:28 pm

Thanks very much, that's what I thought.
Well, let's hope it all gets sorted eventually.
Can't really have high expectations these days!