ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (Spouse) - 5 year route question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ljm1989
Mood:

SET (M) Question 7.11

Post by Ljm1989 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:36 pm

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere but I can't see anything on this when I search.

We are applying for my husbands ILR via the SET (M) form, he has lived here since 2016 as my spouse. We will be applying 28 days before he has lived here 5 years (to try to get in as soon as possible as I am aware the processing can take up to 6 months with the fast track centres being closed), so just wondering about question 7.11:

How long have you lived in the UK?

I'm aware he has to have lived here for 5 years to be considered, however we are applying 28 days earlier, so should I put 4 years 11 months? Just conscious I don't want to put this and have it rejected.

Thanks in advance!
Lois

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: SET (M) Question 7.11

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:12 pm

I hope you are filling the online form??

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-setm

4 years 11 months is fine. To be on the safe side book biometrics only when you complete full 5 years. These days biometrics appointments are running at a 28 day lag anyways.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Ljm1989
Mood:

Post by Ljm1989 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:47 pm

Heya,

Yes, we are doing the online form :).

Thanks for the advice! We will submit the form 28 days prior to 5 years and book the biometrics when we hit 5 years. Thanks so much!

Ljm1989
Mood:

Post by Ljm1989 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:56 pm

Hey Cullinan,

I just wondered if you would be able to help me to understand the process for this application - as last time we applied at a fast track appointment so all the biometrics etc were done at the same time. With the premium centres being closed, we will submit online, so I'm a bit of a novice. Please could you let me know if I'm correct about this process?

Complete this form online (in our case we'll do this 28 days before husband has been in the country 5 years): https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-setm
Biometrics (we book an appointment for this once he has been in the country 5 years): Do I have the opportunity to book a Biometrics appointment once we have submitted the form online?

I'm not entirely clear on when we will have the opportunity to upload all our evidence, is this done after I complete the form? Also, is payment taken when we submit the form online?

Apologies for all the questions and if this is addressed elsewhere on the forum please let me know and I'll delete my post!

LM

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:54 pm

Steps to follow after completing the form online:

Step 1: Pay and submit application via UKVI.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Step 3: Booking an appointment

You must book an appointment now. IDV is the past.

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Since the backlog for biometrics has subsided, you should meet the deadline.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: You can only self-submit once, so make sure your documents are complete before you self-submit.
You will be able to add and submit more documents at your appointment again if any missed documents.

Tip: The best approach would be to benefit from the new self-submit feature.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:36 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:12 pm

4 years 11 months is fine. To be on the safe side book biometrics only when you complete full 5 years. These days biometrics appointments are running at a 28 day lag anyways.
Interested to know why you want biometrics at full 5 years? HO allow applicants to apply up to 28 days early and biometrics for all intents and purposes is part of the application.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:14 am

fielddrive wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:36 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:12 pm

Interested to know why you want biometrics at full 5 years? HO allow applicants to apply up to 28 days early and biometrics for all intents and purposes is part of the application.
The guidance speaks about the concession period. However, in case of SET(M), immigration rules specifically mentions about 60 months. To be on the safer side, it is advised to book biometrics when you complete full 60 months. Plus, these days biometrics appointments are running at a 28 day lag anyways.

Ljm1989
Mood:

Post by Ljm1989 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:37 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:54 pm

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Since the backlog for biometrics has subsided, you should meet the deadline.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: You can only self-submit once, so make sure your documents are complete before you self-submit.
You will be able to add and submit more documents at your appointment again if any missed documents.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.
Thank you so much - this is really clear now. I really appreciate you taking the time to explain :)

Ljm1989
Mood:

ILR (Spouse) - 5 year route question

Post by Ljm1989 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:58 am

Hey everyone,

I wondered if you could help with a query I have about my husbands ILR application. He is currently here on a Spouse visa and will have been here 5 years in March, so we will be applying soon.

Individually, we both earn over the financial threshold for this type of visa. However my husband is now going to be furloughed until April (his income will remain the same) . Are we still able to rely on his income when proving this section of the application, or would it be more sensible / simple to rely on my wage, which covers the required threshold and I am currently employed at the same rate I have been for the past 6 months?

LM

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR (Spouse) - 5 year route question

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:09 pm

You can simply rely on your own income. No issues.

Also see corona concession, this will most likely be updated in due course for future dates:
Changes to the minimum income and adequate maintenance requirement
If you’ve experienced a loss of income due to coronavirus up to 1 January 2021, we will consider employment income for the period immediately before the loss of income, provided the minimum income requirement was met for at least 6 months immediately before the date the income was lost.

If your salary has reduced because you’re furloughed we will take account of your income as though you’re earning 100% of your salary.

If you’re self-employed, a loss of annual income due to coronavirus between 1 March 2020 and 1 January 2021 will usually be disregarded, along with the impact on employment income from the same period for future applications.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

But to keep things simpler, just rely on your own income as you meet the threshold alone.

Ljm1989
Mood:

Post by Ljm1989 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:02 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:54 pm

Sorry, I just had one last question on this (i think!)- when do we need to have all our documents and evidence ready to upload, does this just need to be uploaded by my biometrics appointment? And is there a limit on how long I should have employer letters / statements signed by etc - I assume 28 days before upload?

Thanks so much for your help!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:26 pm

Your documents should be dated before your date of application and not more than 28 days old. Date of application is the date when you pay and submit online. Biometrics date is irrelevant. Reference date is the date you pay and submit online.

You will have 45 working days to attend a biometrics appointment after submission. You can upload anytime before biometrics if you wish. Refer back to the previous message for self-submission or not.

Ljm1989
Mood:

Post by Ljm1989 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:53 pm

Thank you!

I am collating our proof of cohabitation since our last application (October 2018) and I have the below:

Joint correspondance:
5 x pieces from 3 x sources

Correspondance to applicant:
10 x pieces from 4 x sources

Correspondance to sponsor:
10 x pieces from 6 x sources

Should I submit the 5 joint pieces and then 1 x piece for each of us to make up 6? Or as I don't have 6 pieces of official correspondance to us both, I should just do 6 for applicant and 6 for sponsor?

I assume 'non official' correspondence doesn't count e.g. addressed envelopes from friends etc?

Thanks
Lois

Ljm1989
Mood:

Post by Ljm1989 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:39 pm

Hi guys,

I just wanted to check on my above question and if anybody was able to help?

I'm also filling out the SET (M) form right now and could do with some advise on the below question:

Do you currently hold, or have you ever held, any other nationality or citizenship?

My husband (applicant) is Australian, with an American father. I cant remember what we put on our FLR (M) form. Do we need to declare this here?

Ljm1989
Mood:

Post by Ljm1989 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:42 pm

He doesn't have a US passport and has never lived there

Ljm1989
Mood:

Digital Signatures SET (M)

Post by Ljm1989 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:15 pm

Hi everyone,

We will be submitting my partners SET (M) evidence next week, and I need to ask my employer to sign my payslips and my letter confirming employment.

Due to the pandemic will they accept a digital signature done on DocuSign or a similar program? My entire team is working remotely so I have no other way of getting these signed.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Ljm1989
Mood:

Post by Ljm1989 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:16 pm

Hi guys, just wanted to bump this to see if anyone had any advice? I am tempted to leave this off to avoid any confusion.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Digital Signatures SET (M)

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:23 pm

Ljm1989 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:15 pm
Hi everyone,

We will be submitting my partners SET (M) evidence next week, and I need to ask my employer to sign my payslips and my letter confirming employment.

Due to the pandemic will they accept a digital signature done on DocuSign or a similar program? My entire team is working remotely so I have no other way of getting these signed.

Thanks in advance for your help :)
Online payslips do not need to be signed by your employer.

Digital signature for letter is fine.

p.s please keep all your questions in one topic in the ILR sub forum, now merged.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ljm1989
Mood:

Post by Ljm1989 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:24 pm

Thank you, that's a relief :).

Do my documents need to be dated 28 days prior to submitting the SET (M) form, or 28 days prior to the Biometrics appt?

Thanks again

p.s. noted on the topics, sorry for spamming! Did you have any advice on my above queries at all? I've been trawling the forum to try to find similar questions but I'm struggling to find exact situations like ours.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:34 pm

Do my documents need to be dated 28 days prior to submitting the SET (M) form, or 28 days prior to the Biometrics appt?
Dates on or within 28 days before the date you applied online, as already advised by CULLINAN on 13th January.
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:26 pm
Your documents should be dated before your date of application and not more than 28 days old. Date of application is the date when you pay and submit online. Biometrics date is irrelevant. Reference date is the date you pay and submit online.

You will have 45 working days to attend a biometrics appointment after submission. You can upload anytime before biometrics if you wish. Refer back to the previous message for self-submission or not.
Re US father, without knowing what you out in the for m application, difficult to advise. It is always advisable to keep copies of ukvi applications to refer back to. If in doubt add a brief covering letter explaining.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ajayinmelbourne
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by ajayinmelbourne » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:16 pm

Hi , I am looking for the same answer as well. I have only 5 documents as joint correspondence

I have Internet bill, Water Bill, Council tax, Nursery invoices, Mortgage statements : Joint Correspondence.

How many more would I need to evidence as individual correspondence to applicant and sponsor?

Also, how far apart do these invoices need to be ? is it okay to have 2 invpices per year which are six months apart?

Thank you

Ajay

Thank you!

I am collating our proof of cohabitation since our last application (October 2018) and I have the below:

Joint correspondance:
5 x pieces from 3 x sources

Correspondance to applicant:
10 x pieces from 4 x sources

Correspondance to sponsor:
10 x pieces from 6 x sources

Should I submit the 5 joint pieces and then 1 x piece for each of us to make up 6? Or as I don't have 6 pieces of official correspondance to us both, I should just do 6 for applicant and 6 for sponsor?

I assume 'non official' correspondence doesn't count e.g. addressed envelopes from friends etc?

Thanks
Lois
[/quote]

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:21 pm

ajayinmelbourne wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:16 pm
Hi , I am looking for the same answer as well. I have only 5 documents as joint correspondence

I have Internet bill, Water Bill, Council tax, Nursery invoices, Mortgage statements : Joint Correspondence.

How many more would I need to evidence as individual correspondence to applicant and sponsor?

Also, how far apart do these invoices need to be ? is it okay to have 2 invpices per year which are six months apart?

Thank you

Ajay
Kindly start your own topic with your questions and circumstances rather than tagging onto anothe members thread. It is unfair to the original poster and creates confusion when members respond. Please see point 12 in the link below, FAQs of the forum rules.

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Ljm1989
Mood:

Post by Ljm1989 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:00 pm

Hi guys - me again!

Just filling out the SET (M) form and coming unstuck at the below question under the 'Finance' section.

Background: We are applying with my salary only (sponsor) and my base earnings exceed the requirement. I do sometimes have discretionary bonuses etc which are covered off in the employer letter (wording is: XX's job title is XX, earning a gross salary of £XX per annum. This salary has been earned continuously for X year and X months since her most recent wage increase in X 2019, with additional discretionary bonuses and commission included on certain months.).

Which box do I check for the below four under the question "What do they earn?" ?

The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
The same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount
Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
Not the same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount

I assume its A, as I earn the same amount continuously, however its sometimes more due to bonuses? But my base is consistent?

As always thank you for your help!

Ljm1989
Mood:

Post by Ljm1989 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:30 pm

Also - I am hoping to submit this week.

The last payslip and bank statement that I have correlates to my last payday which was 28th January 2021. My Feb payslip is issued on the 28th and my bank is so annoying with my statements that I'd rather submit now prior to my feb pay and payslip, so I don't have to wait for the bank statement. Will this be fine for payslips to stop in Jan, if I apply now?

Ljm1989
Mood:

Post by Ljm1989 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:44 pm

Hi guys,

I wondered if anyone had any advice on my above questions? Super stuck on these and I think its my final hurdle before submitting.