ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will visiting Isle of Man while waiting for ILR decision void my application?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chaiomkar
Newly Registered
Singapore

Will visiting Isle of Man while waiting for ILR decision void my application?

Post by chaiomkar » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:15 pm

Hi,

I have submitted my ILR application, completed the Biometrics this week and am waiting for the decision - which I understand can take anywhere from 2 - 6 months. I'm currently working in the Midlands.

I am aware that I'm not allowed to travel outside the UK as my ILR application will be voided - however is this the same if I were to travel to the Isle of Man? Assuming the lockdown restrictions are lifted.

Are there any border controls between Isle of Man and UK ferry ports? I've never taken the ferry across before so unsure whether I am required to carry a passport or just any photo ID (eg: Driving License) is sufficient.

Similarly, would I be eligible to work in Isle of Man while my ILR application is still pending?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Will visiting Isle of Man while waiting for ILR decision void my application?

Post by zimba » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:14 am

chaiomkar wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:15 pm
Hi,

I have submitted my ILR application, completed the Biometrics this week and am waiting for the decision - which I understand can take anywhere from 2 - 6 months. I'm currently working in the Midlands.

I am aware that I'm not allowed to travel outside the UK as my ILR application will be voided - however is this the same if I were to travel to the Isle of Man? Assuming the lockdown restrictions are lifted.

Are there any border controls between Isle of Man and UK ferry ports? I've never taken the ferry across before so unsure whether I am required to carry a passport or just any photo ID (eg: Driving License) is sufficient.

Similarly, would I be eligible to work in Isle of Man while my ILR application is still pending?

Thanks
Here is the immigration rules paragraph 34J
34J. The proof of identity provided under paragraph 34(5), or any other application for leave to remain, will be returned to the applicant whilst their application is being considered, unless the Secretary of State considers it necessary to retain it. Where the Secretary of State has retained an applicant’s proof of identity and the applicant requests the return of their proof of identity for the purpose of travel outside the common travel area, the application shall, provided it has not already been determined, be treated as withdrawn on the date that request is received by the Home Office.
Isle of Man is part of the common travel area and so you can travel there if you have a pending application.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice