ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from Family Visa to Health and Care Worker Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

robgoals
Newly Registered

Switch from Family Visa to Health and Care Worker Visa

Post by robgoals » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:10 am

Hello,

My wife's currently on a 2.5 year family visa that expires in May. She would qualify for the Health and Care Worker visa due to her job.
Does anyone have any advice or experience of switching froma family visa to the health and care vise? It's about £1000 cheaper than staying on the family visa.
The downsides we can see are possible difficulties getting a sponsorship certificate and not being able to move jobs as easily. We'd be grateful for any help.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switch from Family Visa to Health and Care Worker Visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:45 am

Her clock for ILR also resets to zero and she would start a new 5 year period for ilr. She would lose the time already spent in the UK.

Changing is also more restrictive as you state, there are minimum income requirements for sponsorship and she can only work for her sponsor. If she changes jobs, she needs a new sponsor and certificate of sponsorship and apply for a new visa.

She would also has absence limits, which she doesn't have on the spouse visa.

She might get a 3 year visa and then have to apply again with a certificate of sponsorship for a further 2 or 3 years, meeting the requirements again.

Ilr costs the same regardless of visa route and both visa routes have mandatory requirements that need to be met.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.