ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online Application -Employment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aadil123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Online Application -Employment

Post by Aadil123 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:58 am

Hi all,

I am holding ILR- Spouse of British Citizen, granted in Jan2021. Now applying for British Citizen and got few questions and would appreciate if you can guide me

Employment Details:
1. Working as administration officer (employee) in my husband limited company since 2018, at minimum wage scale (Zero employee NI contribution). When I add the employment details they don’t ask for any employment documents like payslips or P60 under document checklist on completion of online application.
2. The below paragraph taken from the document guide AN Naturalisation Booklet The Requirements -December 2020 , and no guidance notes mentioned for PayE employee.
Self-employed applicants -If you do not pay tax through Pay As You Earn (PAYE) arrangements, we require the most recent HM Revenue & Customs Self-Assessment Statement of Account.
3. The document check list provided on the Form AN--application for naturalisation as a British citizen –Jan 2021
under Section SECTION 10: Evidence of National Insurance contributions covering the relevant period:
• payslips
• P60’s
• letter or letters from your employer or employers confirming you have worked in their employment including start and finish dates

Questions:
1. Please guide me which documents I need to provide?
2. Employer Letter- Who would be the best person to write this letter for me , my husband (Company Director) or Company accountant ?
3. On a minimum salary scale (zero NI contribution & dependant of husband) would add any negative on my application?. If yes then would it better to not add the employment details ?
4. I did some study work (Internship in Hospital), would this add any value for my application?
5. Can I use family friends or neighbor (Telecom Professional) as both referees for my application?

Thanks in anticipation
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Online Application -Employment

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:11 am

Employment evidence documents is NOT required unless self employed or an EU citizen.

Your referees simply need to meet the requirements. Professional referee must be on the list of accepted professions and can be of any nationality. Other referee must be over 25 and British. Both must have known you for 3 years and cannot be related to you or to each other.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aadil123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Aadil123 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:14 am

Apologies one more Question:

1. do i need to provide the payslips for whole period ( 3 years -Spouse of British Citizen) or i can submit P60s for financial years completed (2018--2019,2019-2020) and payslips for remaining months (Apr 2020-- Jan 2021)?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:19 am

P60s are sufficient for each year, but payslips will be ok if you don't have the P60.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Aadil123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Aadil123 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:11 am
Employment evidence documents is NOT required unless self employed or an EU citizen.

Your referees simply need to meet the requirements. Professional referee must be on the list of accepted professions and can be of any nationality. Other referee must be over 25 and British. Both must have known you for 3 years and cannot be related to you or to each other.
Thank you very much , is there any guidance notes available that contains this statement "Employment evidence documents is NOT required unless self employed or an EU citizen" so that i can mention on cover letter , once again thanks for your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:18 pm

Read the form AN guide!! Submit only what is required by ukvi, not what you think might be required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aadil123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Aadil123 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:21 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:19 am
P60s are sufficient for each year, but payslips will be ok if you don't have the P60.
Thank you very much for your reply

1. P60 or payslips documents need any sign & stamp of accountant ?
2. should we need to add personal bank statement showing the transfer of salary ?
3. Employer Reference Letter- Who would be the best person to write this letter for me , my husband (Company Director) or Company accountant ?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:44 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
As @alterhase58 said already. Also no signatures, nothing else needed.
CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:18 pm
Read the form AN guide!! Submit only what is required by ukvi, not what you think might be required.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:48 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:44 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
As @alterhase58 said already. Also no signatures, nothing else needed.
CR001 wrote:
Payslips and p60s not required for someone who is on the spuuse visa ilr route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:52 pm

Oh sorry. Did not read the thread from the start. Thought OP is an EU citizen.

Just saw the Pakistani flag. In this case only passport stamps are needed for last 3 years as proof of residence.

Thanks for spotting it CR001.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Aadil123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Aadil123 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thank you very much for your direction, i found the following section on the Guide AN
Naturalisation Booklet The Requirements which seconds your view.

"Applications made on the basis of residence in the United Kingdom
Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 years (or, if the applicant is married to or in civil partnership to a British citizen, 3 years) before the date of the application.
• Your passports
• If you are unable to provide your passport explain why and supply letters from employers (including start and finish dates), payslips, P60s, educational establishments or other government departments indicating the applicant’s presence in the United Kingdom during the relevant period"
--------

Thanks & Regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:44 pm

Did you read “IF”?
Your passports including stamps are enough to prove residence

Aadil123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Aadil123 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:21 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:44 pm
Did you read “IF”?
Your passports including stamps are enough to prove residence
Yes , i need to provide passport only , thank you very much