ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

One question.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Fezan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

One question.

Post by Fezan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:40 pm

This forum is very good.
I have indefinate leveave to remain under eu settlement scheme since August 2019.

My question is if I travel pakistain, with my indefinate' will this be ok.. since this Brexit issue is done and complete
Very stupid question.. but I am thinking...

My french wife and three daughters with french passports they have indefinate under EU settlement scheme in united kingdom,, how they will return from pakistain; to uk: because they have french passports...
Many thanks.

kamoe

Re: One question.

Post by kamoe » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:22 am

Fezan wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:40 pm
My question is if I travel pakistain, with my indefinate' will this be ok.. since this Brexit issue is done and complete
The problem is not going to Pakistan, the problem is coming back. I am assuming that's your question, but just rephrasing for clarity. :idea:

Answer is, as long as you have a valid biometric card you are good. A biometric card can be your old EEA residence card, which is valid until 30th June 2021; or a new EUSS biometric card, either issued when you got your status, or issued after you applied to convert your old EEA residence card.

So if you have a EEA residence card and you want to travel abroad after June 30th 2021, then you need to convert it to a EUSS biometric card.
My french wife and three daughters with french passports they have indefinite under EU settlement scheme in united kingdom, how they will return from pakistain; to uk: because they have french passports...
EU citizens with valid EU passports don't usually have an issue boarding a plane or at border control, whatever their situation, EU Status or not; because Brexit does not prevent EU citizens from just coming to the UK for a visit (even without status).

What has ended with Brexit is the EU right to live and work (not the right to come and visit for a weekend), so boarding a plane and entering itself is not a big issue (working and renting is the big issue). For example, I believe the automatic e-Gates that operate without human intervention at airports continue to allow EU citizens in the UK without much of a question. Then again if at all I am wrong and it is the case all they have introduced border controls for EU citizens, then since your wife and children have their electronic status on their passports I can only imagine this will show up when they scan them and they'll have no issue.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Fezan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Fezan » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:57 pm

My biometric card is valid until august 16 2029.
Pakistani passport valid until march 2023

[/quote]
The problem is not going to Pakistan, the problem is coming back. I am assuming that's your question, but just rephrasing for clarity. :idea:

Answer is, as long as you have a valid biometric card you are good. A biometric card can be your old EEA residence card, which is valid until 30th June 2021; or a new EUSS biometric card, either issued when you got your status, or issued after you applied to convert your old EEA residence card.

So if you have a EEA residence card and you want to travel abroad after June 30th 2021, then you need to convert it to a EUSS biometric card.
My french wife and three daughters with french passports they have indefinite under EU settlement scheme in united kingdom, how they will return from pakistain; to uk: because they have french passports...
EU citizens with valid EU passports don't usually have an issue boarding a plane or at border control, whatever their situation, EU Status or not; because Brexit does not prevent EU citizens from just coming to the UK for a visit (even without status).

What has ended with Brexit is the EU right to live and work (not the right to come and visit for a weekend), so boarding a plane and entering itself is not a big issue (working and renting is the big issue). For example, I believe the automatic e-Gates that operate without human intervention at airports continue to allow EU citizens in the UK without much of a question. Then again if at all I am wrong and it is the case all they have introduced border controls for EU citizens, then since your wife and children have their electronic status on their passports I can only imagine this will show up when they scan them and they'll have no issue.
[/quote]

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:18 pm

Fezan wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:57 pm
My biometric card is valid until august 16 2029.
If your biometric card is a EEA residence card, then it is only valid until June 30th 2021. See this post.
If it is another type of biometric residence card, then disregard this comment.
Not sure what else you are asking? I already answered the consequences of Brexit to travel in length. What exactly is not clear to you?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.