ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Kid apply ILR with expired passport and visa expired soon.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

goldenfinger
Newly Registered
China

Kid apply ILR with expired passport and visa expired soon.

Post by goldenfinger » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:27 pm

Thanks to everyone for dive into my questions.

I would ask a question for my friend.

His daughter passport is already expired and she is holding Tier2 dependent will expired by the end of this month. Her mother and father both have ILR. Due to pandemic, the embassy's service has suspended, therefore, they cannot renew their daughter's passport. They all currently is living in the UK.

Can they apply ILR for their daughter with an expired passport?

Can their daughter live in the UK with the expired passport and the expired Tier 2 dependent visa if they don't apply ILR until the embassy's service resume to get a new passport?

Any advice on this situation.

goldenfinger
Newly Registered
China

Re: Kid apply ILR with expired passport and visa expired soon.

Post by goldenfinger » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:26 pm

goldenfinger wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:27 pm
Thanks to everyone for dive into my questions.

I would ask a question for my friend.

His daughter passport is already expired and she is holding Tier2 dependent will expired by the end of this month. Her mother and father both have ILR. Due to pandemic, the embassy's service has suspended, therefore, they cannot renew their daughter's passport. They all currently is living in the UK.

Can they apply ILR for their daughter with an expired passport?

Can their daughter live in the UK with the expired passport and the expired Tier 2 dependent visa if they don't apply ILR until the embassy's service resume to get a new passport?

Any advice on this situation.
His daughter was born in the UK.

goldenfinger
Newly Registered
China

Post by goldenfinger » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:54 pm

Thanks to everyone browse my question, please let me know if you have any thoughts

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:58 pm

Why not register the child as British?? The child doesn't need ilr if they apply for citizenship for her.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

goldenfinger
Newly Registered
China

Post by goldenfinger » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:58 pm
Why not register the child as British?? The child doesn't need ilr if they apply for citizenship for her.
Thanks CR001.

Because her parents want to keep his Chinese passport. Chinese gov does not allow multiple citizenships.