ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR with the children 7 years route visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ripon
Newly Registered

ILR with the children 7 years route visa

Post by Ripon » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:49 am

I have posted in a FB group but no response from anybody hence asking here to the immigration gurus.
Can someone kindly advise on this, please?

My cousin came to the UK as a spouse of a student back in Dec 2007. She got two children in 2008.
In August 2009, she was a victim of domestic violence and separated from her husband. While she was on a 3 years spouse visa (She never received it as her ex-husband stolen it by using a different mailing address to the home office purposely during visa extension application).

She applied under article 8 ECHR in June 2010 but her application was refused (the main refusal reason was she had not stayed here for 3 years to establish a personal life) and the previous visa was canceled. After one year she applied for a review but there were no results.

Her children have been staying with her since birth. In 2013, her ex-husband went to the family court to get access to their children, and the court allowed him. Her ex-husband got ILR in 2013 but did not help the children to get status.

In 2014, the family court ordered him to help the children to get immigration status, but he was making many accuses to delay the process with the help of his lawyer and time-consuming strategy.

In 2017, my cousin and the children applied for FLR on children 7 years basis and got the visa In 2018 in the 10 years route. The children became British citizens in their 10 years. My cousin has been in the 10 years visa route. She applied to gain access to the public fund with the help of a charity organisation and got it. Recently, she received her 2nd two- and half-year FLR visa. She has been working part-time, got a level B2 English test certificate and life in the UK test certificate. My question is, can she apply for ILR now under any ground instead of waiting for another 7 years?
Thank you in advance for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR with the children 7 years route visa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:51 am

can she apply for ILR now under any ground instead of waiting for another 7 years?
No she cannot. She needs 10 years on her current FLR fp visa route before she can apply for ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ripon
Newly Registered

Re: ILR with the children 7 years route visa

Post by Ripon » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:57 pm

Thank you