ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Correspondence not asked. Submit anyway?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Imm45
Newly Registered

FLR (M) Correspondence not asked. Submit anyway?

Post by Imm45 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:02 am

Hello,
Me & my wife been looking together since may 2018 together but since Nov 2020 i found another job and moved to London on my own. Most of my correspondence comes to my main residence and not in the flat in London.
i have mention this details in application on how it has been only 2 months since we lived apart.
In the document checklist we have been asked to provide 12 months of payslips & bank statements which shows all pays going in. We do meet the financial requirement.

we are required to provide mostly same documents as other applicants but not the letters/bills we received in last 2 years. we have not been asked for these documents.

Do i still provide them anyways?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: FLR (M) Correspondence not asked. Submit anyway?

Post by TODMATT » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:26 am

Imm45 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:02 am
Hello,
Me & my wife been looking together since may 2018 together but since Nov 2020 i found another job and moved to London on my own. Most of my correspondence comes to my main residence and not in the flat in London.
i have mention this details in application on how it has been only 2 months since we lived apart.
In the document checklist we have been asked to provide 12 months of payslips & bank statements which shows all pays going in. We do meet the financial requirement.

we are required to provide mostly same documents as other applicants but not the letters/bills we received in last 2 years. we have not been asked for these documents.

Do i still provide them anyways?
It is not clear from your post if you are extending or what are you applying for? I assume FLR M?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Imm45
Newly Registered

Post by Imm45 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:51 am

I'm extending my wife spouse visa after 2+ years with me.

smarter1

Post by smarter1 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:06 am

From what you wrote I understand you should provide bills for the past 2.5 years (since you entered the country on this visa / switched into this visa inside the UK). The same applies for ILR.

Imm45
Newly Registered

Post by Imm45 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:28 am

smarter1 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:06 am
From what you wrote I understand you should provide bills for the past 2.5 years (since you entered the country on this visa / switched into this visa inside the UK). The same applies for ILR.
No the applicant is my wife. We got initial spouse visa back in May 2018 on 5 year route and we are now extending it. I recently moved to another location for another job, Nov 2020 on my own.

I'm just worried on why we're not asked to provide bills/letters that covers for 2+ years but they did ask for a 12 months worth of bank statements with payslips. We did get asked to provide other supporting documents but not correspondence for 2+ years.

We have only been living apart for 2 months.

smarter1

Post by smarter1 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:49 pm

I am not sure what you mean by 'they did ask'. HO can of course request extra documents but things like 2+ years bills should be included in the bundle of documents for spouse visa extension since this is what Immigration Rules require.

Imm45
Newly Registered

Post by Imm45 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:10 pm

smarter1 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:49 pm
I am not sure what you mean by 'they did ask'. HO can of course request extra documents but things like 2+ years bills should be included in the bundle of documents for spouse visa extension since this is what Immigration Rules require.
I completely understand you. Me and my wife are not living together currently due to my work relocation. She lives in North and i'm in London atm. we've only be living apart for 2 months. As i was going through the document checklist required page it did not ask for any "Items of correspondence addressed to either one of us which cover last 2 years", in either Mandatory or Other documents in online form.

I am thinking is it because we don't live together currently due to my new job we aren't required to provide these correspondence for either of us. Else i'll just submit these correspondence as supporting documents anyway.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:33 pm

The checklist is generic. It doesn't state this about cohabitation because it is simply generic. It is the immigration rules and guidance that has this requirment for evidence of cohabitation and susbsisting relationship.

Living apart for 2 months is not an issue!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Imm45
Newly Registered

Post by Imm45 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:33 pm
The checklist is generic. It doesn't state this about cohabitation because it is simply generic. It is the immigration rules and guidance that has this requirment for evidence of cohabitation and susbsisting relationship.

Living apart for 2 months is not an issue!!
Thank you. Lots of stuffs that has been confusing me has been cleared.

Another final question is now i've started to upload our mandatory and supporting documents in UKVCAS when do i submit those documents. My wife has biometric appointment in 10 Feb. Can we do a final submit after the Biometric information has been submitted or does the docs needs to be submitted before biometric appointment.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:51 pm

All supporting documents must be uploaded 24 hours prior before attending biometrics.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Imm45
Newly Registered

Post by Imm45 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:18 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:51 pm
All supporting documents must be uploaded 24 hours prior before attending biometrics.
our supporting documents can be uploaded before 24hrs prior to biometric appointment.

I was asking regarding submitting the documents as well. There's a option in UKVCAS which says once the documents are submitted, no more documents can be uploaded.

Does that ("submitting document") also need be done before 24hrs of biometric appointment?

or we should/can do a final submit of documents after the appointment?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:45 pm

Imm45 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:18 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:51 pm
our supporting documents can be uploaded before 24hrs prior to biometric appointment.

I was asking regarding submitting the documents as well. There's a option in UKVCAS which says once the documents are submitted, no more documents can be uploaded.

Does that ("submitting document") also need be done before 24hrs of biometric appointment? Last point or chance to submit documents is when you attend the biometrics appointment.

or we should/can do a final submit of documents after the appointment? No

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:00 am

Self-submission is OPTIONAL. If you want to benefit from the new feature, you must upload and self-submit up to 48hrs before the appointment. If you do NOT want to self-submit, you can upload ANYTIME before the appointment and submit at the appointment itself. Self-submission is recommended as you may save some processing time - your documents are sent to UKVI even before biometrics in this case. You can self-submit only ONCE. But if you forget to upload any documents, you can always upload later on (after self-submission) and submit at the appointment then (you will not be able to self-submit again but can submit at appointment again).

Read “self-submit” “submit” “upload” separately.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.