ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding BRP Card remarks

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aman1810
Newly Registered
India

Regarding BRP Card remarks

Post by Aman1810 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:31 pm

Hello,
i reached at uk on 10 jan 2021 as a dependent. My wife was already in uk as a student of Master degree (level 7) course name is MASTER IN EDUCATION. The duration of her degree is 1 year.
In addition, on my visa there was remarks as following.
NO WORK, NO BUSINESS, NO PUBLIC FUNDS.
As well as when i got my BRP Card there is also observation is that, NO WORK, NO ENGAGING IN BUSINESS. But as per uk immigration law dependent have right to do full time work. During his visa.
Please help me to sort out this problem.
I hope there will be solution of this issue.

secret.simon

Re: Regarding BRP Card remarks

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:13 am

How long was the Student (your wife's) visa issued for?
Immigration Rules: Appendix Student wrote: ST 39.3. The grant will be subject to all the following conditions:
(b) work (including self-employment and voluntary work) is permitted except:
(i) where the dependant meets the requirement at ST 31.1.(d) and the Student has been granted less than 9 months’ permission, unless that is to continue a course of study where they had previously been granted at least 9 months’ permission; or...
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:41 am

Aman1810 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:31 pm
You do it yourself by reporting the error online. Details and link here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ment-ecb19
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

smaddie020
Newly Registered

Post by smaddie020 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:47 pm

Aman1810 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:31 pm
Hello,
i reached at uk on 10 jan 2021 as a dependent. My wife was already in uk as a student of Master degree (level 7) course name is MASTER IN EDUCATION. The duration of her degree is 1 year.
In addition, on my visa there was remarks as following.
NO WORK, NO BUSINESS, NO PUBLIC FUNDS.
As well as when i got my BRP Card there is also observation is that, NO WORK, NO ENGAGING IN BUSINESS. But as per uk immigration law dependent have right to do full time work. During his visa.
I hope there will be solution of this issue.

Hi Aman,
Has this been resolved?
If so, what steps you have taken?
My Sister's husband has the same issue, vignette and brp card both reads "No work no engaging business"
I would be grateful if you could please guide me through as they are really tensed.

europa54321
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by europa54321 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:03 am

Hi, I am having the same issue, *no work and no business* in my dependent visa too, can this be because my wife received a scholarship from the university?