ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child immigration and citizenship query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sib2
Newly Registered

child immigration and citizenship query

Post by sib2 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:26 pm

Hi Everyone,

Thank you in advance for helping with this query.

I am Irish citizen by naturalisation, my partner is also naturalised Irish citizen, one of our daughter was born in Ireland and has Irish passport . Our other daughter was born outside Ireland (non-eu) and later moved with us to Ireland.

In Ireland, once I have got my Irish passport last year, we could have apply for my daughter’s citizenship in Ireland and she could be on waiting list for approval, but as we understand, due to covid situation application are taking longer and If we apply for her now, it could take another 2 years for processing or even more. (Because at the moment 24000 applications are pending)

In the meantime, my partner has received a good opportunity to work in UK in an established firm and we are thinking of moving to UK as she don’t want to miss out this opportunity. We haven’t applied for our daughter’s application yet.

My question is as an Irish citizen due to common travel area arrangements between UK and Ireland, myself and my partner and one of our daughter having Irish passport don’t even have to apply for settled or pre settled status in UK but my family non eu (my daughter- 9 years of age) have to apply for settled or pre settled status in UK, as far as I understand.
If we move to UK now, will my daughter get settled or pre settled status? if we apply for her in UK, once we move to UK.
In future any possibility that she could get British citizenship (even after 5 years in Uk) or any possibility that she could get Irish citizenship in future?

Whats the best advice, all we want for our daughter to have either British or Irish citizenship, It will help us to travel together and not have to apply visas only for her wherever we plan to travel, and would make travelling plans lot easier.

I know its very lengthy query but just wanted to give background, so you guys have better understanding of situation.

Thank you once again for your response.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: child immigration and citizenship query

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:38 pm

It is not necessary to post duplicate topics in different sub forums.

Continue in your other topic as your question is about UK immigration!!

eea-route-applications/query-re-immigra ... 11743.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.