ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eu Exit app/ BRC Scan.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Eu Exit app/ BRC Scan.

Post by New on forum » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:54 pm

Hi guys ,
Just a quick question that I will be grateful for if you could please answer to.
Can an EUSS pre settled status BRC be scanned on Eu exit app when upgrading to settled status ?
Does it work same as old EEA BRC for the purpose of proving identity on the app or one need to do biometrics and passport scanning at sopra steria?
Also can one apply to upgrade to settled status from abroad if becomes eligible while on holiday abroad ( less than 6 month holiday)?

Thank you.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Eu Exit app/ BRC Scan.

Post by New on forum » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:01 am

Any replies please ??

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:10 am

New on forum wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:54 pm
Can an EUSS pre settled status BRC be scanned on Eu exit app when upgrading to settled status ?
There is only one way to know. It It will take you about 1 minute to find out.
Does it work same as old EEA BRC for the purpose of proving identity on the app or one need to do biometrics and passport scanning at sopra steria?
Same as above. Note that you are not required to submit the application if at all it doesn't work and you find out you need to submit biometrics.
Also can one apply to upgrade to settled status from abroad if becomes eligible while on holiday abroad ( less than 6 month holiday)?
Since it's an electronic process you can apply anywhere in the world. If at all it tells you that you need to do biometrics then yes, you would need to eventually come to the UK, but the application itself can be started anywhere.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:59 am

All the above is to say that nothing is ever stopping anyone from doing a dummy application (filled with gibberish, to the name of Michael Jackson or Mickey Mouse, or Boris Johnson, it does not matter), just to understand the process. I have done this several times, either to prepare for a future application, or to be able to answer questions that pop up on this forum.

This is akin to download and fill in a paper application that you never send. It is OK. As long as you do not officially submit the fake application you have not done anything wrong.

The EU Settlement Scheme Exit app is particularly straightforward. You can scan a card in seconds and delete any ongoing application at any time. So all I am saying is:

If you have a biometric card and a modern smartphone, then you are the best placed person in the world to know if the app will work with your card. :idea:

With a dummy application, you will also be positioned to know what else the app requests, without ever having to actually submit anything, and with the ability to make informed decisions about when to apply, based on the first-hand experience you got from trying the app. If at all you have already tried the app and is not working, or something is not clear, then it is useful to come and ask related questions in this forum. But before then, really, the best answer is your own experience.

If you do not already have a biometric card, then you are probably not asking the right question.

Hope this is helpful.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:44 pm

Thanks kamoe for very detailed response as you always do on this forum.
The card I hold is EUss one not the old EEA card.
I was looking to find out if it was common practice Euss cards being used on app when upgrading .
I become eligible in April but The reason I wanted to find out now was so I could plan accordingly with travel just in case I get stuck abroad due to COVID 19 I can still apply on time and not break continuous residence either .

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:43 pm

New on forum wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:44 pm
The card I hold is EUss one not the old EEA card.
I was looking to find out if it was common practice Euss cards being used on app when upgrading .
I can only imagine that's the case.
I become eligible in April but The reason I wanted to find out now was so I could plan accordingly with travel just in case I get stuck abroad due to COVID 19 I can still apply on time and not break continuous residence either .
As far as I can gather, the application itself for Settled Status is entirely online. What onsite process comes after that seems to be optional: If an only if you want to convert your Pre-Settled Status card into a Settled Status card, then you apply for the upgrade of the card. But this seems to be separate from the application to Settled Status, so status and card seem to be two completely different processes.

If you want to convert the card, then this requires biometrics, and yes, this needs to be done in the UK. I assume this from the wording of the site (see how is says that it's if you want not that you must): https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-service
you want to change from a pre-settled status BRC to a settled status BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme (you can only do this if you have been granted settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme)
(...)

How to apply
To apply for a replacement BRP or BRC you need to:

fill in the application form
have your documents ready
pay the application fee
have your biometrics taken (fingerprints and a photo)
So as far as it can be interpreted from the information available, converting the card seems to be optional, and this suggests you could still use your Pre-Settled Status card to move around and prove right to work, etc.,even after you acquire Settled Status, given it is valid for 5 years.

But please remember I am just guessing and interpreting here. In any case, the application process and outcome letter will tell you what your next steps are, regarding your associated biometric card.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:11 pm

Thanks kamoe for your help.
I will update once through this.
Thanks again and stay safe .