ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Frustrating process PLEASE INFO NEEDED

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chamsel
Newly Registered
Mood:
Tunisia

Pre-settled status info needed

Post by chamsel » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:50 am

Hi All and Happy new year!
I want to ask anyone who has information or already went through application for pre-settled status.
My situation: I came on EEA Family Permit to the UK on 12/12/20.
I have already requested an application for NiNo, but they are taking so long to send it.
I have registered with the local GP, they sent me a letter, but they typed my name wrong, I could use this as some kind of proof that I am here and resident on my wifes address. It stated the date which I did the registration (17/12/20), I chase the GP just to correct my name, but they keep complicating it.
I have registered with Monzo, but still waiting for my bank card to come through, so I can start using it, so it shows that I live here, unfortunately this is taking long too.
So is it okay if I show my passport stamp and my boarding pass as a proof that I entered UK? What are the requirments for pre-settled status, the government website is not very clear, they only say that they need marriage certificate, but I doubt that's the case.
Thanks in advance!

kamoe

Re: Pre-settled status info needed

Post by kamoe » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:25 am

chamsel wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:50 am
So is it okay if I show my passport stamp and my boarding pass as a proof that I entered UK?
Yes. These are the minimum requirements for Pre-Settled status, and as per the EU Settlement Scheme Caseworker Guidance page 133, this is proof enough you have been resident fort a month.
Because the documents listed below cover a shorter period, the applicant may need to submit more of them to evidence that they meet the residence requirement. Where an applicant submits evidence from this list, a single piece of evidence is likely to be sufficient for the period it covers:
(...)
  • a passport stamp confirming entry at the UK border - this will be treated as evidence of residence for the month of entry
  • a used travel ticket confirming previous inbound travel to the UK - this will be treated as evidence of residence for the month of entry
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

chamsel
Newly Registered
Mood:
Tunisia

Re: Pre-settled status info needed

Post by chamsel » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:48 pm

kamoe wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:25 am
chamsel wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:50 am
So is it okay if I show my passport stamp and my boarding pass as a proof that I entered UK?
Yes. These are the minimum requirements for Pre-Settled status, and as per the EU Settlement Scheme Caseworker Guidance page 133, this is proof enough you have been resident fort a month.
Because the documents listed below cover a shorter period, the applicant may need to submit more of them to evidence that they meet the residence requirement. Where an applicant submits evidence from this list, a single piece of evidence is likely to be sufficient for the period it covers:
(...)
  • a passport stamp confirming entry at the UK border - this will be treated as evidence of residence for the month of entry
  • a used travel ticket confirming previous inbound travel to the UK - this will be treated as evidence of residence for the month of entry
Thank you! Now is more clear :)

chamsel
Newly Registered
Mood:
Tunisia

Frustrating process PLEASE INFO NEEDED

Post by chamsel » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:21 am

Hello Guys,
Please I need some urgent info! I submitted online application for my pre-settled status today, all was easy and straightforward, until they redirect me to book an appointment on the UKVCAS. What a nightmare! Firstly there were no available free appointments, so I had to pay 135 pound for an appointment that is in one month but any how thats not the point.

My question is - after you booked an appointment, on the website it says that I need to upload mandatory documents and optional documents, but I already uploaded everything on the UKVI with my application, I thought this is only for bio, it is really confusing because, UKVCAS also says that for eu settlement scheme u do not need to upload any documents....
What do I do, do you guys had to upload your docs both on UKVI and UKVCAS or only UKVI when u submit your application.
I dont know if you got what I want to say, but I am dealing with this since 8.00 am and I am really confused and frustrated.

NatCam
Georgia

Re: Frustrating process PLEASE INFO NEEDED

Post by NatCam » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:48 am

You need to do it again. They are independent agency.

Mrsdoc
inactive

Post by Mrsdoc » Wed May 26, 2021 8:48 am

chamsel wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:21 am
Hello Guys,
Please I need some urgent info! I submitted online application for my pre-settled status today, all was easy and straightforward, until they redirect me to book an appointment on the UKVCAS. What a nightmare! Firstly there were no available free appointments, so I had to pay 135 pound for an appointment that is in one month but any how thats not the point.

My question is - after you booked an appointment, on the website it says that I need to upload mandatory documents and optional documents, but I already uploaded everything on the UKVI with my application, I thought this is only for bio, it is really confusing because, UKVCAS also says that for eu settlement scheme u do not need to upload any documents....
What do I do, do you guys had to upload your docs both on UKVI and UKVCAS or only UKVI when u submit your application.
I dont know if you got what I want to say, but I am dealing with this since 8.00 am and I am really confused and frustrated.
Hi,
I just wonder if you got around it? I know your post dated back in January and I was wondering the same thing when I uploaded my mum’s documents on the UKVI only. It says however that “you don’t need to upload” on the UKVCAS.
But now after coming across your question and a response for it I’m now confused too.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed May 26, 2021 9:27 am

As I understand it, if you need to do biometrics for Settled Status, you make an appointment with UKVCAS (Home Office contractor) - your supporting documents are uploaded only on the Home Office UKVI website. UKVCAS have no other involvement in the application process, they just collect the biometrics.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.