ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Collection

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Eaxz45
Newly Registered
Nigeria

BRP Collection

Post by Eaxz45 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:27 pm

Hi,

My wife's vignette visa is due to expire before the end of our self isolation. We had issues with our daughter's passport so we had to delay our original return flight to the UK.

On the UK Gov website it states that the Post Office will keep the BRP for 90 days and we can collect it after self isolating. Is this accurate?

The reason I'm asking is I've been calling the UKVI helpline for guidance but I haven't been able to get confirmation if this is the case.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks in advance.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: BRP Collection

Post by TODMATT » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:27 pm

Eaxz45 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:27 pm
Hi,

My wife's vignette visa is due to expire before the end of our self isolation. We had issues with our daughter's passport so we had to delay our original return flight to the UK.

On the UK Gov website it states that the Post Office will keep the BRP for 90 days and we can collect it after self isolating. Is this accurate?

The reason I'm asking is I've been calling the UKVI helpline for guidance but I haven't been able to get confirmation if this is the case.

Thanks in advance.
My understanding is that, the UKVI has instructed post office to keep BRP for long period of time due to the COVID-19.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Eaxz45
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: BRP Collection

Post by Eaxz45 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:13 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:27 pm
Eaxz45 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:27 pm
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
My understanding is that, the UKVI has instructed post office to keep BRP for long period of time due to the COVID-19.
Thanks. I saw something similar on the UKVI website but I couldn't get a clear clarification when I called the UKVI and the post office.