ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

reetisrivastava
Newly Registered

MN1 Referee

Post by reetisrivastava » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:15 pm

hi Team,

My Husband's and my ILR application has been successful (SET LR) however my son was born in UK so we are going for MN1 Registration.he is 4 year old. we have concern about the Referee in online form.

As mentioned in document for Child, one Referee should be close with child can be teacher or GP. however in online form I need full name , DOB, address passport number from last three year. these are Personal details so generally GP and teacher generally shared these details ?

I have other lot of referee but I don't have that interaction with teacher/GP so they can share personal details.

I am stuck on this point please guide how to ask GP or Teacher for details

Regards,
Reeti.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: MN1 Referee

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:28 pm

For child applicants at least one of the referees must be a person who has dealt with the child in a professional role such as a teacher, doctor, health visitor or social worker. Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted to do so, you can accept 2 referees who meet the criteria for referees on adult applications.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf

Try contacting the GP/health visitor/teacher. If they refuse add a cover letter and explain. Arrange as per adult criteria then. HO is not strict when it comes to referees in case of young children. Given corona, its more understandable that applicants cant be chasing GPs/health visitors etc.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

reetisrivastava
Newly Registered

Post by reetisrivastava » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:30 pm

Thanks

reetisrivastava
Newly Registered

Re: MN1 Parent Consent Form

Post by reetisrivastava » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:38 pm

hi Team,

Please suggest if any particular format of parent consent form for MN1.

Regards,
Reeti

reetisrivastava
Newly Registered

Post by reetisrivastava » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:40 pm

hi Team,

I have received details from school teacher she is also British Citizen and associated with my child in preschool. for another referee , one of my family friend shared the information who is working with me in software MNC.

I am confused who will be Referee1 and who will be referee2. PFB guideline -

referee1-
-- Give your first referee's details. This referee must be the holder of a British Citizen passport (and either a professional person or over the age of 25)
Referee 2
Give your second referee's details. This referee should be a person (of any nationality) who has professional standing. This can include a minister of religion, civil servant or a member of a professional body such as an accountant or solicitor (who is not representing you with this application).

Regards,
Reeti

reetisrivastava
Newly Registered

Post by reetisrivastava » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:53 am

Hi team
Can we use British citizens in referee 1 and teachers’s reference in referees 2.
Will it matter in online form

Regards
Reeti