ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK NARIC for FLRM

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pkilangovan
Newly Registered
India

UK NARIC for FLRM

Post by pkilangovan » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:35 pm

Hi,

I am a UK citizen and currently in the process of applying for a UK spouse visa extension for my wife (FLR-M) who is an Indian citizen. I am being told by our visa consultant that the UK NARIC certificates we submitted for her current spouse visa is not valid as it is a general purpose one and not a UKVI applications specific one. He was even wondering how was it even accepted last time.

I am a bit confused here. Could someone please advise me if I should apply for a new one or could I reuse the same one? We have, both, statement of comparability for her Masters degree from an Indian university and also an English language assessment letter.

Thanks

spuram
Newly Registered

Re: UK NARIC for FLRM

Post by spuram » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:24 pm

pkilangovan wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:35 pm
Hi,

I am a UK citizen and currently in the process of applying for a UK spouse visa extension for my wife (FLR-M) who is an Indian citizen. I am being told by our visa consultant that the UK NARIC certificates we submitted for her current spouse visa is not valid as it is a general purpose one and not a UKVI applications specific one. He was even wondering how was it even accepted last time.

I am a bit confused here. Could someone please advise me if I should apply for a new one or could I reuse the same one? We have, both, statement of comparability for her Masters degree from an Indian university and also an English language assessment letter.

Thanks
hi,
hope you are well. I have similar question and in the same situation. Did you find an answer for this? Please let me know if you made progress on this. Thank you

pkilangovan
Newly Registered
India

Post by pkilangovan » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:54 am

Yeah, sent a message to UK NARIC and I was told that my wife had to apply for her UK NARIC once again. She did that and the visa application went through fine and she has been granted an extension.

Good luck with your application.

spuram
Newly Registered

Post by spuram » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:41 pm

pkilangovan wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:54 am
Yeah, sent a message to UK NARIC and I was told that my wife had to apply for her UK NARIC once again. She did that and the visa application went through fine and she has been granted an extension.

Thank you very much for the information.

spuram
Newly Registered

Post by spuram » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:56 pm

pkilangovan wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:54 am

hi,
Thanks for your answer. Want to be sure if this is the certificate you got from UK NARIC?
Visas and Nationality Service (English proficiency) - £140.00 + VAT* ? and May I know how long it took to get the certificate?

Thank you.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:03 pm

Many people have successfully used their NARIC certificate for extension.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

spuram
Newly Registered

Post by spuram » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:04 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:03 pm
hi,
Thanks for your response.

Do you mean we can use the same UK NARIC certificate we got for the first Visa application for extension as well after 2.5 years? Please advise. Thank you

pkilangovan
Newly Registered
India

Post by pkilangovan » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:59 pm

Yes, that's the one. Just to be very clear, if you have already got one, you need not apply for it again. It doesn't expire. We had to get a new one because we had a general purpose one and not the Visa and nationality service one and our consultant advised us to get the right one. I emailed UK NARIC querying the same and they suggested to re-apply as well. Hope this makes sense.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:19 am

spuram wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:04 pm
TODMATT wrote:
hi,

Do you mean we can use the same UK NARIC certificate we got for the first Visa application for extension as well after 2.5 years? Please advise. Thank you
Correct as long as NARIC statement is above the required level for the next stage.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

spuram
Newly Registered

Post by spuram » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:11 pm

pkilangovan wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:59 pm
Yes, that's the one. Just to be very clear, if you have already got one, you need not apply for it again. It doesn't expire. We had to get a new one because we had a general purpose one and not the Visa and nationality service one and our consultant advised us to get the right one. I emailed UK NARIC querying the same and they suggested to re-apply as well. Hope this makes sense.
Thank you very much. It does help

spuram
Newly Registered

Post by spuram » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:13 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:19 am
spuram wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:04 pm
TODMATT wrote:
hi,

Correct as long as NARIC statement is above the required level for the next stage.
Thank you very much. Its going to help me save some money.