ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse of british citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dude_123

Spouse of british citizen

Post by dude_123 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:31 pm

Hi

My wife has applied for an ilr through set m form recently. We are still waiting for result. I as husband have british citizenship and few queries as below

1) when she can be eligible for british citizen application?
2) is british citizenship application and naturalisation application same or do they mean same thing ?
3) does she need to be in uk 3 or 5 years before on application date? Somewhere it says 3 years and somewhere it says 5 years so pls clarify.
4) in past british citizen application used to be done through council. Has this been changed now as I see she would need to fill online application for british citizenship on gov website?
5) when she would get naturalisation or citizenship certificate? Will that be awarded once her citizenship application is successful?
6) does she need to surrender indian passport before applying for british citizenship?
7)does she need to apply separately for british passport? How?
8) what are main documents to submit for citizenship application ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse of british citizen

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:41 pm

1. As soon as she gets ilr provided she meets the 3 year residence requirements.

2. Same thing. You apply to naturalised as a British citizen.

3. 3 years.

4. The council service hasn't existed for a long time now, since 2018. Apply online, upload documents, attend biomtric appointment at ukcvas.

5. She is only British once she is approved AND has attended the citizenship ceremony. She gets the certificate at the ceremony.

6. Not relevant to this sub forum. Ask in the other countries sub forum please.

other-countries/

7. Yes she has to apply separately after her ceremony. Online or paper form from.post office, her choice.

8. Read the AN guidance notes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.