ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Asal2020
Newly Registered
Wales

FLR M

Post by Asal2020 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:13 pm

Online application

Good afternoon all,

I have a couple of questions about bits I found confusing while filling out my application. I hope you can help me out with this. Thank you in advance.

1. I passed B1 test at the British council in Manchester . I received a certificate by mail and it it included a uk visa reference number. I tried to scan it but it's a bit dark. So my question is can I enter the reference number instead of scanning it and upload it.

2.they ask where my son lives. My son lives with me and his dad (my application's sponsor). Did I answer that correctly?

3.they ask who's financially responsible for my son. I'm the applicant and I'm a stay at home mom. His dad (my partner and sponsor) works full time and we are using his salary to apply so I ticked his dad only. Again, is that correct? Should I tick me too?

4.In the list of required documents. They request an evidence of parental responsibility agreement with my husband's daughter from previous marriage. I don't have that. I care for her when she visits us. That's all. I asked her mom for a copy of her passport and travel history and she declined. Both of them are British BTW. They live near us and we visit or she visits us. That's it.
So what to do? How to put this in my application? I asked before and one member suggested include it in a cover letter and another suggested I add it in the additional info at the end of questions. Which answer is correct? Or should I just do both?

Also, Evidence is required that we lived with relatives?! Is that right?
We lived together in our own home since I moved here over 2.5 years ago.

One last question. My husband was forloughed since June last year. It shows on his pay slips.
Do we need a cover letter to explain that too?

Thank you for your help.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: FLR M

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:56 am

Asal2020 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:13 pm
Online application

Good afternoon all,

I have a couple of questions about bits I found confusing while filling out my application. I hope you can help me out with this. Thank you in advance.

1. I passed B1 test at the British council in Manchester . I received a certificate by mail and it it included a uk visa reference number. I tried to scan it but it's a bit dark. So my question is can I enter the reference number instead of scanning it and upload it. There is space on the form to add the UER on the form so fill this. You can get a legible scan uploaded too.

2.they ask where my son lives. My son lives with me and his dad (my application's sponsor). Did I answer that correctly? Yes

3.they ask who's financially responsible for my son. I'm the applicant and I'm a stay at home mom. His dad (my partner and sponsor) works full time and we are using his salary to apply so I ticked his dad only. Again, is that correct? Should I tick me too?

4.In the list of required documents. They request an evidence of parental responsibility agreement with my husband's daughter from previous marriage. I don't have that. I care for her when she visits us. That's all. I asked her mom for a copy of her passport and travel history and she declined. Both of them are British BTW. They live near us and we visit or she visits us. That's it.
So what to do? How to put this in my application? I asked before and one member suggested include it in a cover letter and another suggested I add it in the additional info at the end of questions. Which answer is correct? Or should I just do both? Cover letter can used if you have filled up the additional information section with other details.

Also, Evidence is required that we lived with relatives?! Is that right? Have you indicated in the application at some point that you live or lived with relatives?
We lived together in our own home since I moved here over 2.5 years ago. You need to provide cohabitation evidence covering the last 2 years.

One last question. My husband was forloughed since June last year. It shows on his pay slips.
Do we need a cover letter to explain that too? Not mandatory since already indicated and the government backs furlough with leeway made for it by HO

Thank you for your help.