ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

APPLYING for pre settled status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Youngbeard

APPLYING for pre settled status

Post by Youngbeard » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:34 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks for your efforts in helping here.

The HOME OFFICE is requesting evidence dating back to 6 months?
What about if someone does not have it going back as far as 6 months ? But its dating back as far as 1 year or 2 years?

It does not sound fair as we could have applied at an earlier stage if had knows this trick. We simply relied on the policy that anyone can apply for it.
Imagine someone worked in the UK for 4 years and then stopped working in 2020 ( at the start of 2020) and he can not apply for pre settlement ?? Is that what it means?

Kind Regards

Below is the reply to our application
Evidence of residence in the UK and Islands to cover the following period:

One piece of evidence dated within the six months before your application
This is because our automated checks did not confirm your residence in the UK and Islands.

We are making this request as the evidence you have provided is not sufficient because it does not contain full date of arrival. Please provide alternative evidence with full dates of arrival into UK ( Day/Month/Year ).

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: APPLYING for pre settled status

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:21 pm

Hello

When you work, especially when you have a salaried income through PAYE, you automatically pay taxes. It means the system can automatically query HRMC records and find you there.

If that doesn't work, it doesn't mean you are not eligible to the EUSS status. But it means they need to do manual verifications. You then have to submit documents and they will be manually processed.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:24 pm

Youngbeard wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:34 pm
The HOME OFFICE is requesting evidence dating back to 6 months?
No, they are not.
One piece of evidence dated within the six months before your application
You are misunderstanding what they are asking. "within the six months before your application" does not mean six months ago, it means at any point during the previous six months. This can be any day between September 22nd 2020 and today.

Seems like whatever evidence you supplied does not show your full date of arrival (maybe year is missing?), hence they just need to confirm you were physically present in the UK recently, i.e., within the last six months ("within" meaning at any point in the time frame specified).
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:02 am

Youngbeard wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:34 pm
We are making this request as the evidence you have provided is not sufficient because it does not contain full date of arrival. Please provide alternative evidence with full dates of arrival into UK ( Day/Month/Year ).
The above supports my suspicion that the bottomline is it is not clear the exact date of your arrival, and they need something that gives them the three of Day, Month and Year.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Youngbeard

Post by Youngbeard » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:35 am

Hello, Its not the case.

They have requested for that piece of evidence not for the whole period but within 6 months period.

I have tried to say WE DO NOT HAVE IT within the last 6 months.

We have it going back 2 years ago or so, when the scheme was first launched.

SO IF SOMEONE WAS WORKING FOR 4 years and stopped working 1 year before applying it means that he can not not apply???

THAT IS WHAT HAS NO SENSE TO ME

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:23 am

To be able to best advise you, please share your full timeline. When did you arrive in the UK for the first time, when you stopped working, if and when you left the UK, when you came back.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:32 am

In this post you claim to already have Settled Status and be working in August 2020. That contradicts what you have described above. Which one is it?

Youngbeard

Post by Youngbeard » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:50 am

I have only been briefly in 2019 for 1 month and nothing else

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:59 am

Youngbeard wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:50 am
I have only been briefly in 2019 for 1 month and nothing else
OK I'm not sure how many different people are using your account but that's yet another contradiction to all previous posts.

Someone who only stayed in the UK for a month and never really resided more than a month or applied then is not eligible to apply now.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:14 am

kamoe wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:59 am
Someone who only stayed in the UK for a month and never really resided more than a month or applied then is not eligible to apply now.
And this is because you need to show you have completed a continuous qualifying period which began before December 30th 2020.

You might have heard that coming to the UK for a weekend in late 2020 has worked for some people, but that is only because they very likely immediately applied. This works because a few days's stay is considered residence for the first month (and for the first month only); so a plane ticket and/or stamp on passport is considered evidence of residence for a month. So if you apply within that first month, then your residence is short, but continuous, and this qualifies.

But coming to the UK for a month 2 years ago, then leaving, means the period of residence you are relying on is not continuous at the time of application, if you applied now. It was continuous within a month of your departure, but it is no longer continuous now.

If you did not apply in 2019 within a month of your departure from the UK, then left, and never came back to the UK before December 30th 2020, I'm afraid you have missed the boat.

Youngbeard

Post by Youngbeard » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:00 pm

Hi yes, I think you gave the best ever answer! You are top man