ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settled status dependant parents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anam912
Newly Registered

Settled status dependant parents

Post by anam912 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:38 pm

Hi this is my first post here, but I have learnt a lot of things from here previously and have been reading immigration boards for many years. My question is regarding my grandparents both aged over 80

Their history (both are pakistani national)
They had been visiting the UK from 2004-2012 on visiting visas but stayed in January 2012 and applied for a eea family permit from the uk on 31/01/2012, as dependant parents of an eea national, which was granted, so five years later in 2017 they applied for permanent residence card, unfortunately they used the wrong form and applied for biometric residence card instead. Which was obviously approved and they received the BRP not permanent residence card, as expected. The next year 2018 they finally applied again for the permanent residence card, this was refused because they couldn't prove dependancy on their EEA son, because of no proof of money transfer and they live on different address to eea national. Son has permanent residence card simce 2011. Their BRP was sent back to them baised on previous decision.
In end of 2019 they applied for settled status and got it on 10/01/2020.
They now want to apply for naturalisation using that settled status.
They are on pensions and get attendance allowance and are physically and emotionally dependent on their son, but not financially. Still live at different address to son.
Are they eligible for naturalisation?

I have filled in their forms but it asks for 5 years lawfull residency, which seems a little bit confusing as in what they want? Son's permanent residence card plus proof he is since here + grandparents 5 years proof of living here? Or they need to proove dependency too?

Thanks for reading this, and please help us.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Settled status dependant parents

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:26 pm

Topic moved to correct sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:41 pm

Hello

They don't need to prove dependency for naturalisation.

anam912
Newly Registered

Post by anam912 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:27 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:41 pm
Hello

They don't need to prove dependency for naturalisation.

Oh ok thanks

Actually the bit about lawfull residency scared me hence asked. So how should they proof lawfull residency of 5 years? Pension letters? Council tax letters? Bank statements, bills etc is what I was thinking and then eea nationals proof too or is that not needed at all

anam912
Newly Registered

Post by anam912 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:32 pm

Hi can anyone help and explain if we need the eu nationals details

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:55 pm

Only very few documents are needed - just to prove EU nationals' residency as they don't get passport stamps.

Normally for workers it's a P60 for each year, though if they receive a private UK pension they should also get P60s for that.
If not available, Council Tax bills one per year will be fine. If not available then any other official documents/correspondence, such as from HMRC or DWP (Pensions/Benefits). Only one type of document is sufficient if they have the complete set for five years, or a mix if there are gaps with some documents.

Bank Statements are not proof of residency as such, there is no requirement to prove address, i.e. no bills required. Naturalisation is not immigration.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

anam912
Newly Registered

Post by anam912 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:24 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:55 pm
Only very few documents are needed - just to prove EU nationals' residency as they don't get passport stamps.

Normally for workers it's a P60 for each year, though if they receive a private UK pension they should also get P60s for that.
If not available, Council Tax bills one per year will be fine. If not available then any other official documents/correspondence, such as from HMRC or DWP (Pensions/Benefits). Only one type of document is sufficient if they have the complete set for five years, or a mix if there are gaps with some documents.

Bank Statements are not proof of residency as such, there is no requirement to prove address, i.e. no bills required. Naturalisation is not immigration.

Thank you so much. Really appreciate it. 🙏