ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Problems obtaining ID for EU Settlement Scheme

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

calinion99
Newly Registered
Romania

Problems obtaining ID for EU Settlement Scheme

Post by calinion99 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:08 pm

Hello. I am currently in the UK and need to apply for the EUSS. My National Identity card was stolen and I do not know anyone that would be my power of attorney to obtain a new one by proxy in Romania. Also, given the current travel restrictions, I do not think leaving the UK to go and obtain a new ID would be deemed as essential travel. Even if it were, I would likely be stuck in Romania for months away from my family in the UK. I have emailed the EU resolution centre about my lack of ID and they said they could assess me for a 'paper form'. However, they told me my details would be passed to a 'case worker'. I just want to know if having my details passed to a case worker would put me at any disadvantage with regards to my application.

Thanks in advance.

iwolga

Re: Problems obtaining ID for EU Settlement Scheme

Post by iwolga » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:52 pm

calinion99 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:08 pm
Hello. I am currently in the UK and need to apply for the EUSS. My National Identity card was stolen and I do not know anyone that would be my power of attorney to obtain a new one by proxy in Romania. Also, given the current travel restrictions, I do not think leaving the UK to go and obtain a new ID would be deemed as essential travel. Even if it were, I would likely be stuck in Romania for months away from my family in the UK. I have emailed the EU resolution centre about my lack of ID and they said they could assess me for a 'paper form'. However, they told me my details would be passed to a 'case worker'. I just want to know if having my details passed to a case worker would put me at any disadvantage with regards to my application.

Thanks in advance.
Why not get a new card/passport through Romanian Consulate in UK?

raphaelo
Newly Registered

Post by raphaelo » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:47 pm

calinion99 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:08 pm

Thanks in advance.
i believe its so a caseworker can ring you and assess you for paper application. paper application does take longer from the timelines i have seen on this forum .

calinion99
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by calinion99 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:39 pm

I can't get a new card from the Consulate in the UK as I don't know any homeowner in Romania.

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:44 pm

Did you report the loss of your ID to the police?
Since you have family in the Uk, there must be some paperwork/documents that mention your name? Marriage certificate, birth certificates?
When did you arrive? If recently, you should have your boarding pass with your name on it and possibly your ID number.
Call consulate (you probably have already done that?), explain the situation. They will definetely assist you. This is what they are for.
Why do you need to know some "homeowner" in your country??

calinion99
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by calinion99 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:58 pm

Yes ofcourse, this was reported to the police.
I have a national insurance number in the UK - a letter with my name on it
I have a birth certificate in Romania
I arrived in 2017 but did not have a boarding pass. I took a coach.
I've contacted the consulate and they have advised me on getting a new ID from England - However, to do this the person whose address you are listed at in Romania has to be a homeowner for some reason. My dad does not own his home and neither does my Mum so this is difficult.