ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application with potential mistake on ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Adda
Newly Registered
Sudan

Naturalisation application with potential mistake on ILR

Post by Adda » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:20 am

Dear members

I have applied for Naturalisation on Dec 2020 and currently awaiting the decision.

I was granted ILR in 2019 with the priority next working day service. I just picked up a potential problem. I didn’t submit any English evidence on my ILR application because the checklist didn’t ask for any evidence. I lost the application form but I remember ticking on I had a degree taught in English.

I didn’t think much of it at the time as my English language requirement was checked when I entered the country with the first tier 2 visa I acquired, at the time I submitted my university degree that is taught in English and ILETS test.

Now when I applied for the Naturalisation. Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013 I answered the question as yes.

On the naturalisation application I was asked to submit the degree and also asked for NARIC certificate. I submitted all the documents including the university degree and the expired ILETS.
The application also asked me if my english has been checked before and I ticked yes ( Tier2 entry clearance).

Should I contact the home office and explain what happened on the ILR and send the previous ILR checklist to prove that even if there was a mistake it wasn’t from me or I am over thinking ?

I don’t want to be refused and get accused of deception that I didn’t do.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation application with potential mistake on ILR

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:00 pm

When did you take the ILETS? What year? Which one was it?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Adda
Newly Registered
Sudan

Post by Adda » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:58 pm

The ILETS test is academic, it took it back in 2013 I think.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:58 pm

Adda wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:58 pm
The ILETS test is academic, it took it back in 2013 I think.
Your abroad degree and NARIC is enough. As long you have submitted those, no more explanation required.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Adda
Newly Registered
Sudan

Post by Adda » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:16 pm

Thanks Cullinan.