ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Info re: critical skills permit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kupuser
Ireland

Info re: critical skills permit

Post by kupuser » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:19 pm

Hi,

I am currently on a critical skills permit as a group accountant (1+ years on the permit). I am being offered the role of a senior internal auditor in the same company (increased pay and benefits).

Can someone please advise on the following;

1- Is internal auditor included in the critical skills occupations list (I could not specifically find it but my manager said as I am a qualified accountant and the role requires the same hence it should be covered)?
2- If I take up the role do I need to re-apply a permit or can I just update the department of business with this change without the need to apply for a new permit?

Thanks in advance for your help

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Info re: critical skills permit

Post by littlerr » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:40 pm

A promotion within the same company, with no major change to your primary work role (in this case your role is based on you being a chartered accountant), is fine. You do not need a new permit or update DBEI. Just make sure you renew your annual membership with the relevant accountancy body.

When you apply for your Stamp 4 support letter, ask your HR to issue you a letter that states your both occupation and job title. Your occupation should still be chartered accountant but your job title within the company can be auditor.

kupuser
Ireland

Re: Info re: critical skills permit

Post by kupuser » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:32 pm

That's perfect. Thanks for your help littlerr!