ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Amending COS (start date) possible?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Amending COS (start date) possible?

Post by Sv2018 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:00 pm

Hi all,
I have a query regarding the change of start date after the COS has been assigned and before visa application.(change of employment)

Considering my 3 months notice period the new sponsor had assigned COS start date beyond 3 months to factor in the visa processing (and the fact I will hand in my notice only after visa approval email.)
However, I highlighted this to their lawyer that I cannot apply for a visa before 3 months of the start date with my new employer.
We need to apply soon so thinking to change backward the start date
My question. Is it possible to add a sponsor note to amend the start date in the Undefined COS ?
I assume this will not delay the visa approval ?

Any thoughts on this will be highly appreciated.
Best

Waseem432000
Mood:

Re: Amending COS (start date) possible?

Post by Waseem432000 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:51 pm

I had similar issues as I wanted to delay the start date of the COS plus my home address was incorrect and my sponsor ended up adding sponsor notes for both which worked fine for me.

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:01 pm

Waseem432000 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:51 pm
I had similar issues as I wanted to delay the start date of the COS plus my home address was incorrect and my sponsor ended up adding sponsor notes for both which worked fine for me.
Well, that gives some assurance. Thank you Waseem.
Is there any sponsor guidance document with I can refer to for my reference to amend the CoS?
Best,

ad99
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by ad99 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:37 pm

When you delay the start date of new employer, can you still work for the old employer until the new start date?