ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Year Partner Route FLR (FP) Application Query from Home Office

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mrashid02139

10 Year Partner Route FLR (FP) Application Query from Home Office

Post by mrashid02139 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:15 pm

I wonder whether someone kindly help me.

I applied to renew my family visa under 10 year partner route (this is the 3rd extension under this category) and received a query from the home office. Home office has asked for my English language qualification and their email also states that I have applied under 5 year partner route. I am surprised and distressed due to the email of the Home Office. As far as understand, I selected the partner route and explained that I was granted my most recent leave (30 months) under paragraph D-LTRP1.2 of Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules, I am now applying to extend my leave under the same paragraph.

Has anyone gone through this experience before or can someone kindly suggest me if there is anything I can do?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: 10 Year Partner Route FLR (FP) Application Query from Home Office

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:28 am

mrashid02139 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:15 pm
I wonder whether someone kindly help me.

I applied to renew my family visa under 10 year partner route (this is the 3rd extension under this category) and received a query from the home office. Home office has asked for my English language qualification and their email also states that I have applied under 5 year partner route. I am surprised and distressed due to the email of the Home Office. As far as understand, I selected the partner route and explained that I was granted my most recent leave (30 months) under paragraph D-LTRP1.2 of Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules, I am now applying to extend my leave under the same paragraph.

Has anyone gone through this experience before or can someone kindly suggest me if there is anything I can do?
Since you are sure of what form you filled, reply the email reaffirming what you applied for and that what is being requested is not required.

mrashid02139

Post by mrashid02139 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:26 am

Hi AmazonianX,
Thanks for your suggestion. Is it not the same form used to apply for FLR (M) and FLR (FP)? So far I can remember, I saw that the form can be used for both 5 year and 10 year route partner applications. Even if I have mixed up the form, is there any chance that the HO will consider my application under 10 year route as I do not meet the criteria of 5 year partner route?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:53 am

mrashid02139 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:26 am
Hi AmazonianX,
Thanks for your suggestion. Is it not the same form used to apply for FLR (M) and FLR (FP)? So far I can remember, I saw that the form can be used for both 5 year and 10 year route partner applications. Even if I have mixed up the form, is there any chance that the HO will consider my application under 10 year route as I do not meet the criteria of 5 year partner route?
You have had extensions already and this is the 3rd one as per your earlier post. If the mix up is from the CW, your reply will be a reminder to check what applies for and definitely will be considered under 10 year route as it becomes clear to them thata the choice you have made and whose criteria you meet.

mrashid02139

Post by mrashid02139 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:38 am

Thanks a lot for your opinion. I will let you know once I get a reply from the HO.