ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What Happens after Biometrics? *Naturalization overseas process*

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

EmilieDavisC
Newly Registered
Mood:
Mexico

What Happens after Biometrics? *Naturalization overseas process*

Post by EmilieDavisC » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:31 pm

Hello,

Getting information regarding my process has been a nightmare due to covid.

I got my biometrics taken in VFS MEXICO CITY, and they seemed to be quite lost with the process.

I want to know what happens after this, should I just wait or is there anything else I must do?

After my appointment they gave me a receipt and asked me to “email it to UK” I asked to which mail i had to do this, and they couldn’t tell me which. Is this actually a necessary step?

I’m very lost as to what to do now and I’d really like appreciate some help. The UK home office won’t answer the phone and when they do, they don’t provide any help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What Happens after Biometrics? *Naturalization overseas process*

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:37 pm

What form did you complete for citizenship?

How do you qualify for citizenship if you are overseas?

When did you apply and enroll biomterics?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Re: What Happens after Biometrics? *Naturalization overseas process*

Post by secret.simon » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:39 pm

It is quite rare to apply for naturalisation from abroad.

What form did you apply under? Are you sure you have applied for naturalisation and not registration (which are slightly different processes)? Are you married to a British citizen?

EDIT: Overtaken by CR001.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.