ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AntoniusBlock
Newly Registered
Greece

proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions

Post by AntoniusBlock » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:45 pm

At the end of my partially completed application's saved pdf, one of the required Documents I need to submit is "Mr xxx xxxx's proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions".

In the Home Office's guidance booklet, they state the following:
immigration time restrictions
You can show that you have been free from immigration time restrictions for 12 months using both EUSS status, and any time before that when you held permanent residence under the EEA Regulations if needed. If ... residence. Or you may choose to wait until 12 months after you were granted indefinite leave to remain under the EUSS.
Since I have had the settled status for longer than one year, does this mean this fact on its own satisfies this criterion?
And, if yes, why is this still listed in the requirement documents, given that it is already recorded in my application that:
Have you been granted indefinite leave to enter, or remain in the UK?
Yes
Date your leave was granted (if known)
16 April 2019
(I presumed this question refers to the settled status, no?)

alterhase58
Germany

Re: proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:52 pm

The proof could be a PR (EU) card, BRP (UK) card or your Settled Status reference number (as it's online only).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

AntoniusBlock
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by AntoniusBlock » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:03 pm

Thank you very much for your answer.

I presume the adequacy of the settled status alone is based on the fact that it has been acquired since longer than 1 year?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:12 pm

AntoniusBlock wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:03 pm
Thank you very much for your answer.

I presume the adequacy of the settled status alone is based on the fact that it has been acquired since longer than 1 year?
Yes, for purpose of naturalisation.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.