ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

*** Urgent Help Needed*** on Spouse visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bellerina
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa

Post by Bellerina » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:06 pm

Hi,

I'm a British citizen and got married in 2019 .

My husband arrived to UK from India on June 2019 it's been a year and been through a painful marital life .His motive to marry is to get the stay in the country.

I gave my 200 % to save this relationship i didn't mind if he is after the visa when i got to know as long as our relationship works well. I was after family and he is not keen to go for kids. All he says is lets get mortgage and deposit should be paid by me. He say the house should be on both our names just in case if we separated we will have house on both our names i can have my share and he says this clearly where as i don't get that thought of separation all this are making me worry. I'm already paying all house bills and other expenses. He earns but doesn't contribute but now it's getting beyond the point.

Now I'm unsure what should i do ? Please advise.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Spouse Visa

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:17 pm

Not sure what your actual question is? Cant really comment on your marital issues. You probably have to seek marriage counselling.
But just so you know, he will not be able to extend the visa without your support and documents. The relationship has to be subsisting and meet all the other requirements to extend which eventually will lead to ILR after 5 years from the date he entered in UK in 2019.
Also, if the relationship breaks down and you notify HO, his visa could be curtailed.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:34 pm

This man should not be allowed to use you like this, you should not let yourself be taken for a visa and meal ticket. He will never be a good husband to you, and you must act now so that any damage done is as little as it can be.

Do not buy a house in joint names, do not pay for his meals or give him money. If you stay with him, one day he will leave you when he has indefinite leave to remain, and take all he can from you leaving you broken and poor. Save yourself, and start divorce proceedings now.

I wish you luck and hope you find a good man in the future. Keep strong.

Bellerina
Newly Registered

Post by Bellerina » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:39 pm

@Cullinan - Thanks for your reply.
He will not get through my support but been told that he can claim for DV visa as now he is inside the country he can jump to any visa even if i don't support him. Not sure how true this is though.

I'm thinking of notifying the HO but again been told unless i have divorce documents they will not curtail the visa is it correct ? But divorce processing would take so long so unsure about this.

Please provide more info on this.

Thanks

Bellerina
Newly Registered

Post by Bellerina » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:45 pm

@THO- Thanks for your reply.
I asked him to pay half and half so in this way this would easy off burden but he just fights with me and wants control of me , my money but has nothing to do with relationship or planing for a family.

I want to cancel his visa but then if he can claim another visa just because he is in the country then what's the point i don't get it with UK process.

He can claim for his stay but I became the pray for this man so later stage some other women will become prey. I want to stop this from happening.

Please someone guide me.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:17 am

Bellerina wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:39 pm
Notifying a Change in Circumstances

If your relationship breaks down and you are in the UK as a partner or spouse on the 5 or 10 year route to settlement, if you do separate or divorce you will be unable to extend your leave in this category. This is because you will not be able to demonstrate that you remain in a genuine and subsisting relationship, as is one of the requirements.

If your leave to enter or remain is based on your relationship you must therefore inform the Home Office when you divorce or permanently separate from your partner. You should not wait until you divorce to do so. You will either then need to apply for a new basis to remain in the UK or leave the UK.

In the first instance you should write to the Home Office informing them a relationship has ended and you will need to include full personal details of both yourself and your ex-partner. If you have children you must provide their details, care arrangements, financial information and details of any court cases.

The Home Office ask that either of the following forms are completed:

public statement if you don’t want the Home Office to tell your ex-partner any details from your letter.
consent form if you’re happy for the Home Office to share details with your ex-partner.
It is also possible for your ex partner to report a change in circumstances to the Home Office in the same way.

Correspondence needs to be sent to: UK Visas and Immigration, Marriage Curtailment Team, 7th Floor, The Capital, New Hall Place, Liverpool, L3 9PP.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nsent-form

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

Page 47-48

Note, DV route is not very easy. You have to fulfil certain criteria for that.

The first thing if your considering to break down is get separated and start living separately.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:31 am

In these cases, the best what you can do is notify HO. It is HO’s decision thereafter.

You should then stay away from the man. Such situations later on may exacerbate and you can get in more trouble, for example, harassment etc which is a criminal offence.

Such incidents like harassment can be used against yourself which will benefit him to apply for DV.

Having said that, the best approach is to notify HO, get separated, start divorce proceedings and stay away from the man.

Hope it works out well for you. Best wishes.

Bellerina
Newly Registered

Post by Bellerina » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:48 pm

@CULLINAN : Thank you very much for your reply much appreciated.

I want to get out asap but as of now I'm running in minus with debts because of him. It's like I'm in a big trap be it financially or mentally.

He has already threatened my parents couple of times that he would leave me although im not worried but my old parents are so worried about me.

Thanks again will try to get out asap :(

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:58 pm

Simply report him to ukvi asap. At least in uk you all will remain unscathed.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nsent-form
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:48 pm

Bellerina wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:48 pm
@CULLINAN : Thank you very much for your reply much appreciated.

I want to get out asap but as of now I'm running in minus with debts because of him. It's like I'm in a big trap be it financially or mentally.

He has already threatened my parents couple of times that he would leave me although im not worried but my old parents are so worried about me.

Thanks again will try to get out asap :(
Good luck hope it works out well for you. Best wishes.

Bellerina
Newly Registered

Post by Bellerina » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:55 pm

Big request Please..
Is it possible to delete this post ?
I just realise he is using the forum too .If he sees this post i will be in big trouble.
Please help.

Bellerina
Newly Registered

*** Urgent Help Needed*** on Spouse visa

Post by Bellerina » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:19 am

Hi,

I’m a British Citizen married to Indian and now separated

I had a very difficult marriage and later now after separation got to know that he just married for the sake of visa. Now he is seeking ways to live in UK so he is planning to apply for DV so he can get his stay.

I just want to know we don’t live together anymore and he is in India . Is it possible for him to do this way ?
If so how can I safe guard from this fraudster ?
Is it possible to just put dv for the sake of it ? I read some articles where they have claimed and get away. I’m quite worried about my security . My logic says it doesn’t make sense but I’m lone female want to be on safer side as I’m quite worried because of his criminal mindset.

I’m unsure what action should I be taking here to safeguard myself.

I would appreciate if someone can help and advise on this. A direct dm would be great too .

Kindly reply to me as a matter of urgency.