ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Providing UKVI-number rather than TRF number for English proof

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abdullahibra01
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by abdullahibra01 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:47 pm

Hi everyone,
I have wrongly submitted the English reference number as UKVI-number and not the TRF reference number in my visa application. Unfortunately, I got a refusal because they couldn't verify my English ability using that UKVI-number and in the refusal letter asked me to do an administrative review, I have done the review and provided both UKVI-number and TRF number and mentioned the problem, and I'm currently waiting to see the result of the review.
so my question is, do you think the review will success? or I should re-apply with new COS and IHS.

Thank you so much

sander237
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Re: Providing UKVI-number rather than TRF number for English proof

Post by sander237 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:59 pm

Hi. I provided the TRF number when they asked for my test reference number. Should I have used the UKVI number? Did they approve your application after the refusal?
Thank you

abdullahibra01
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by abdullahibra01 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:07 pm

Hi,
No, I got a refusal due to that. what about you?

vdemertz
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by vdemertz » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:42 pm

I was asked to provide my scanned IELTS document, despite submitting the UKVI number (not the TRF number) to my application. I don’t know if I will encounter the same issue...Why did you get rejected, and why couldn’t they verify it? Have you checked with your test provider?

abdullahibra01
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by abdullahibra01 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:33 pm

I think you need to provide TRF and not UKVI due to the need to verify your scores from https://ielts.ucles.org.uk/ielts-trf/ this service needs TRF and not ukvi-number, However in your case could be better because you have provided your Certificate, so they can find the TRF easily.
so keep us updated here. It will be a good reference for people to not encounter the same issue.

vdemertz
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by vdemertz » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:49 am

Thanks! I will keep you posted. I know the verification process with the TRF number and I think the directions at the gov.uk are misleading since they state that you should submit the UKVI number on the application. But when you provided the TRF later after the review did they still rejected your application? Maybe that’s why the started asking for the whole document, I’ve come across a few people like me asked for the scanned document.

abdullahibra01
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by abdullahibra01 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:45 pm

Hi,
Do you have provided your ukvi-number with slashes, for example: IEL/0000/EE009/..., or without slashes like: IEL0000EE009... ?

vdemertz
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by vdemertz » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:32 am

With slashes, just like it is on the test report.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:53 am

abdullahibra01 wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:07 pm
Hi,
No, I got a refusal due to that. what about you?
Did they just refuse or ask for further info?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

abdullahibra01
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by abdullahibra01 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:01 am

They didn't ask for additional information, just a refusal and the following is the exact refusal from them.
you applied for entry clearance as a Skilled Worker on 25 February 2021. Your application is
refused.
What this means for you
You can apply for an administrative review of this decision. Instructions on how to apply can be
found under the ‘next steps’ section.
The reasons for this decision are set out in the next section.

Reasons for Decision
Your application has been refused for the following reason(s):
Paragraph SW 4.1. states that you must score 10 points for English language ability. Paragraph
SW 7.1. states that an applicant must show English language ability on the Common European
Framework of Reference for Languages in all 4 components (reading, writing, speaking and
listening) of at least level B1 (intermediate). You have provided your reference number
(IEL/06022021/AB041/007441) as evidence you took the IELTS SELT Consortium test.
Immigration Rules Appendix English Language specifies that points will only be awarded for
passing an English language test if the applicant has provided a valid digital reference number from
an approved provider showing they have passed an approved English language test to the required
level in the two years before the date of application. The above reference number cannot be
verified and no trace of your result can be found on the IELTS SELT Consortium online system
using any other information available. I am therefore not satisfied that you have passed an English
language test approved by the Secretary of State for these purposes. The documents provided do
not demonstrate that you have English language skills at level B1 and you have not scored 10
points. Your application is refused under paragraphs SW 4.1. and SW 7.1.
And asking me to apply for Administrative review, I have applied for it and Told I've provided UKVI-number, However, I provided again the TRF in the review. but didn't get any reply from them yet.
I had to ask the sponsor for new CoS to re-apply again, as they didn't reply so far.
now I'm really confused about what should I provide because some people provide UKVI-number and some provide TRF, but for sure I don't know what the success option here.

I'm sure a lot of people encountered the same problem, and a lot will encounter it in the future.

Thank you

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:27 am

Ah, they have apparently quietly excluded the evidential flexibility rules from the Skilled worker route. Naughty!

However, they still have the main Evidential Flexibility Guidance and some remnants in their Skilled worker Guidance. If there were no other reasons for the refusal, then I think they should have requested further information from you about the English Language requirement and given you an opportunity to correct the defect in your application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

abdullahibra01
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by abdullahibra01 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:52 am

Hi,
They didn't ask me for more info,
I'm about to re-apply again with new CoS,
What should I provide for English proof
They asking for
1. Awarding body
2. Unique reference number
I'm choosing ielts ukvi consortium due to I got ielts general for ukvi.
Should I provide trf number?
and in documents section there is no option to upload any document so what should I do to now fail again?
Thank you so much

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:56 am

Did the AR maintain the refusal?

vdemertz
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by vdemertz » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:59 am

Exactly, provided that your test is valid (taken less than two years ago), I find extremely harsh the fact that you rejected. I also see some people being asked to provide their scanned document (including myself) so that means that we as applicants are subjected to the case worker’s mood? Anyway the fact is that it is done and you need your answer about what to do next. Contact Home Office, there is no other way to be sure. And if anyone here has applied for skilled worker visa in the last 2 months could kindly share what they submitted.

abdullahibra01
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by abdullahibra01 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:24 pm

I'm waiting the AR results so far. Waited more than 3 weeks now, and the sponsor created a new CoS and assigned it to me. So I'm ready to re-apply again now.
I have sent an email for HO, and described my situation about providing ukvi number and I got a refusal because case worker couldn't verify online and asked what is better/faster for me do a new application or waiting the AR.
They answered me with the following
Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.
Please note that the UKVI International Enquiry Service cannot provide case-specific advice or pre-assess your application.
Please refer to the information in the links below about the requirements of Knowledge of English and process of a visa administrative review:
https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... of-english
https://www.gov.uk/ask-for-a-visa-administrative-review
If you require more advice regarding completion of your application, please seek independent immigration advice.