ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Criminal record

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

asas1911
Newly Registered

Spouse visa application help

Post by asas1911 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:20 am

Hi, I recently married from abroad and am starting a spouse visa application myself. I have a few questions:
1) How many photos do we need to submit? We don't have many of our wedding due to many reasons but we do have a few photos of us together in various locations. I've been to see my husband four times this past year and so have my tickets etc. I also have screenshots of our google maps timeline which will show all the various places we were at and so both our screenshots would show we were together in the same locations (such as the registry office, shopping malls, restaurants, etc). So what's the minimum amount of photos to include? By the way we have a very lengthy Whatsapp and Viber call and video call history as we call and text each other a lot every day. We do have a genuine relation and want to live together.

2) I am doing this application myself (I'm a British born citizen) but I would like to get it checked. Can anyone recommend anyone/a company to check this and scrutinise it thoroughly as we absolutely categorically cannot get a refusal.

3) I have been in my present employment for 3 months now and receive a salary of £19,000 p/a. We are hoping to rely on cash savings between us ( I am due to receive some money soon from a property I am selling so we're just waiting on that) so combined in both of our accounts we'll have more than £62,500. However I will also be submitting my wageslips. Do I also need to send my contract of employment? As my contract is temporary until July2021 however my wageslips don't show my employment is temporary.

4) My husband tried to come to the UK on visitor visa last year but got refused. Will that have any impact on the spouse visa application? Of course we will mention them in the covering letter but will it have any influence? If so what's the best way to address this? It was a very traumatic and terrible time for us when he got these refusals as we thought he would be able to come here on a business visa (he owns a company) but the Home Office refused so we are now going via the spouse route.
Would it be a good idea if we mention these previous refusals and state he is now wanting to set up this same company as a UK branch as his brother's will continue to operate the branch in their country.

5) What possible advice can any of you give to make our application as solid and strong as possible?

Many thanks

vinny

Re: Spouse visa application help

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:52 am

1. I don’t think that family photos are mandatory. However, evidence of genuine and subsisting relationship is crucial.
2. See also Find an immigration adviser.
3. See also Appendix FM, FM-SE and English language requirements. They may consider your income, if have a current employer at the time of the application (and decision, subject to 27).
4. Why was he previously refused? Must include all previous refusals within requested time period.
5. Read the rules slowly. Keep calm. See also some Guidance.

Good luck!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

asas1911
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse visa application help

Post by asas1911 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:38 pm

Thank you Vinny for your message it's very helpful and much appreciated :)

In response to your question, the previous refusals were based on the financial statements. As is customary in the Middle East a lot of business transactions are handled in cash so my husband's account had a lot of large cash deposits and withdrawals but this was consistent throughout the history of the account. So the Home Office argues there's no way of knowing the origin of these transactions. In addition they stated that there is no evidence of accounts, turnover, profit etc however in the Middle East business accounts are not handled in the same way as UK businesses are so although we had business bank accounts we don't have any formal accountant or annual profits/turnover etc. In general the ECO said they are not satisfied my husband intends to leave the UK at the end of his stay so they refused.

With regards to the cash savings, we are relying on the property I am selling for this however if that gets delayed or doesn't go through we will have between us almost £52,000 in savings and my salary of £19k p/a. I have been in the job for 3 months so have 3 payslips - will this be considered? I read somewhere that there is a 'Section B' where if a sponsor has not been in their job for more than 6 months this can be considered or am I wrong? Incidentally I own the property I live in outright so we have no mortgage or rent - surely this plus our 52K savings plus my 19K salary can put us in a more favourable position if we fail to meet the £62,500 minimum threshold?

asas1911
Newly Registered

Criminal record

Post by asas1911 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:41 pm

Hi,

For a spouse visa application does my husband (the applicant) need documented proof that he has a clear criminal record and no legal notices or offences? He has a completely clear history but do we need to provide this as evidence he is clear of any criminal or illegal activity?

We can obtain this document from the government offices in his country but there's a cost to this and of course then we must get it translated into English which adds to the cost so I wanted to check if it's worthwhile adding to our spouse visa application.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Criminal record

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:16 am

asas1911 wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:41 pm
Hi,

For a spouse visa application does my husband (the applicant) need documented proof that he has a clear criminal record and no legal notices or offences? He has a completely clear history but do we need to provide this as evidence he is clear of any criminal or illegal activity?

We can obtain this document from the government offices in his country but there's a cost to this and of course then we must get it translated into English which adds to the cost so I wanted to check if it's worthwhile adding to our spouse visa application.
This is not required. Section of the application will ask about criminal history, just provide the correct answer and that's it.
Don't go providing documents not asked for so you don't complicate the application.